Colonial Williamsburg Anyone?

TTQ B4U

So in process of setting up our trip, which might include Colonial Williamsburg, VA but IMO after glancing at their site it looks kinda meh....

Has anyone here been there, recommend particulars? Anything else in the area we should do?

http://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/

Our trip overall was to include:

Washington DC

Williamsburg

Then off to Virginia Beach

Wasn't all that interesting. I would trade it to spend more time in DC at the museums and monuments, etc.

If you want Revolutionary history experience go to Boston and to the Freedom Trail.

Edit: All I did was walk around Williamsburg which was interesting for about an hour (there for like 4 hours), but it is out of the way from DC and Arlington. If you catch a reenactment or a show at Williamsburg it would probably be cooler.

Wasn't all that interesting. I would trade it to spend more time in DC at the museums and monuments, etc.

If you want Revolutionary history experience go to Boston and to the Freedom Trail.

Edit: All I did was walk around Williamsburg which was interesting for about an hour (there for like 4 hours), but it is out of the way from DC and Arlington. If you catch a reenactment or a show at Williamsburg it would probably be cooler.

How about Jamestown? That actually looks a lot more interesting and a heck of a lot cheaper. Smaller I'm sure, but we have two days to cover both areas.

You'll get a lot more out of Williamsburg if you have something specific in mind. If you go "just because" you'll be bored out of your skull. However, if there's something you're really itching to learn about (how could 1700's printers churn out hundreds of "educational" flyers on a weekly basis), then it's easy to spend an entire afternoon just talking to the printer about techniques, technology, materials, and all that crap. The folks who work there aren't just paid interns, but pretty much "live" in that time period. The printer relies on the blacksmith, who relies on the trader, who relies...

As for live shows, the local judiciary hearing was a hoot :)

It's OK...I grew up around there and went to college about 45 mins away. Not really much to do there. Busch Gardens is a nice park. Water Country USA is cool. All the war stuff is ok unless you're really in to that stuff.