Boat guys, come on in.

BigOxley

My dad has a Malibu he bought new 17 years ago...still on original damn near everything and over 500 hours. Nearly all the hours are skiing/wakeboarding/kneeboarding/tubing as well. Sure we just cruise sometimes to a spot and chill, but its a ski boat and is used as such. No fishing pole has ever been on it, nor will one ever.

I've been using it myself for nearly the past 10 years, ever since I 'grew up'. Before that I literally grew up on it every summer, and its in my opinion a damn near perfect boat for my likes/uses.

Google 1996 Malibu Sunsetter LX if interested in what it looks like.

It's a 21ft inboard open bow and I personally can't see going any smaller. When I buy my own boat I'll probably look for a 23-28ft cuddy style cruising boat. Only because I'd like to be able to sleep 2 comfortably for a weekend, but we'll always have the Malibu if I can help it.

Prior to the Malibu my dad had a Chapparral, this was like late 80's/early 90's and it was an I/O and from my memory sucked compared to the Malibu.

You can get a 10-15 year old Malibu in your price range, sure newer is cooler but they get pricey quick.

My .02