People running 275+ tires out back, come on in for a second.

Crossle

For guys running 275's+ in a street tire, not a drag tire. Does the car act like the rear is swaying or walking around when it gets wet outside? I am talking about under light load/cruise at highway speeds, or less if it is really wet out.

Not talking about torrential down pour, but wet enough to show some spray off the back of the car around 40mph+

Any input is appreciated in advance.

what brand tire and what 32nds or mm of tread depth

Falken, almost to tread bars.

That is what I figured, but wanted to verify gentlemen. Not a lot of experience with that type of tire on a car.

If I did the math right, mine are 546mm wide, and they handle like BALLOONS!

:)

Serious post, btw. Especially on a light car (or truck bed), you're spreading the weight over a wide footprint, adding lubrication (h20)... things can get iffy fast.

Edited by nurkvinny

The only time my car felt like that, the last alignment guy didn't tighten the toe adjustment of my rear wheels enough and I had massive toe-in. The tar patches on the road would cause the grip between the two tires to vary making the rear "dance" in the rain. So I'd say, get your alignment checked.

Has more to do with the tread pattern/compound.

Some tires/patterns tend to tramline badly. I feel it worse in the rain with grooves or tar snakes.

The TTRS w/ 275 NT05's will literally try to drive out of the lane when it hits those tar snakes in the wet. A4 w/ 235 NT05's did the same thing. Not on other tires though.

The only time my car felt like that, the last alignment guy didn't tighten the toe adjustment of my rear wheels enough and I had massive toe-in. The tar patches on the road would cause the grip between the two tires to vary making the rear "dance" in the rain. So I'd say, get your alignment checked.

It just came off the rack, I am servicing the car. For some reason the second time onto the rack the left rear toe was out of wack as if something shifted. Second go round everything was ok-ish until it went from dry to wet. Trying to eliminate or consider the tires as a problem having little experience with wider contact patches due to the symptoms I am experiencing.

It should also be noted that the rear suspension/sub frame/ wheels have been nut and bolted at this point to eliminate shifting due to loose components.

Mine are almost bald and still no issues

Well, other than the fact they are bald and won't perform their jobs anywhere near the intended abilities. ;)

You should refer to them as "slicks" and save any harassment by assholes on CR... Wait.

Same thing with my car. The rear toe adjustment was the problem. The car was scary to drive in the rain.

265 RS3s, not on the criteria but I'd add my $0.02 cents.

Under cruising conditions my rear is planted. The RS3s are not well known for rain performance, they suck.

I'd first rule your tire is on its way out and can't properly channel the water. If a new tire doesn't fix then I would suspect your toe is out of spec