Wheels/Hub Bore Help

Fiji ST

I am trying to figure out is if I can get wheels with a 67.1mm hub bore and 5x114.3 bolt pattern to somehow fit on a car with a 63.4mm hub bore and 5x108 bolt pattern.

I have found adapters that will work (http://www.motorcitybolton.com/5x108-to-5x4-5-1-25-wheel-adapter.html?gclid=CP6duvWYsrgCFSYV7AodknMArA), but the hub size is 73.1. Would I just buy a couple different sets of hub centric rings to make everything match?

Thanks.

If the hub size of the adapter/spacer is greater than the actual hub on the car and if the thickness of the spacer/adapter doesn't push the wheels out too far they may work. The adapters/spacers you've posted don't seem to accept hub rings.

what's the offset of the original wheel and the one you're trying to replace it with?

The spacer is going to add 31.75mm to the offset

Good question. They're 16x6.5 wheels with 205/60-16 tires from a Gen1 Speed3, but I'm not sure of the offset. It might be 50.

You need to contact Motorsport Tech about making you hub-centric and wheel-centric adapters. They should be able to make you adapters as small as 15mm if you find it necessary. Always do business with that company, and top quality parts.

Wheel width & offset aspect - consider the offsets and widths of your car wheel and the wheel you try to fit. The differences in them will have to be factored in along with the adapter thickness.

Stud clearance aspect - the stud length and the adapter thickness determine protrusion of the stud over the surface of the adapter, i.e. if the stud is 1.5" long and the adapter is 1.25" thick, the stud will protrude 0.25". If such case existed, the mounting pad of the wheel must have deep enough pocket to accommodate the stud protrusion.

Brake clearance aspect - this is probably self explanatory. Consider both radial and lateral clearances.

Cost effectiveness aspect - adapters are not exactly cheap. Finding a properly-sized set of wheels are not difficult nowadays. Unless you are hell bent on fitting something like a set of Ferrari wheels on a VW, the adapters are likely to be cost ineffective.

All those said, I've considered fitting a set of Corvette wheels onto my Boss 302, made the Status Grinder on the Solstice to have dual PCD so they can fit the PCD of the Z06 & CTS-V also looked at Saab, Saturn, Malibu, Catera whels for Solstice winter set, tried to run effectively-zero offset on the 350Z, used 300ZX, RX7, GS300, & other wheels on my previous DSM, and basically played with numerous fitting scenarios with all my cars.

Wheel width & offset aspect - consider the offsets and widths of your car wheel and the wheel you try to fit. The differences in them will have to be factored in along with the adapter thickness.

Stud clearance aspect - the stud length and the adapter thickness determine protrusion of the stud over the surface of the adapter, i.e. if the stud is 1.5" long and the adapter is 1.25" thick, the stud will protrude 0.25". If such case existed, the mounting pad of the wheel must have deep enough pocket to accommodate the stud protrusion.

Brake clearance aspect - this is probably self explanatory. Consider both radial and lateral clearances.

Cost effectiveness aspect - adapters are not exactly cheap. Finding a properly-sized set of wheels are not difficult nowadays. Unless you are hell bent on fitting something like a set of Ferrari wheels on a VW, the adapters are likely to be cost ineffective.

All those said, I've considered fitting a set of Corvette wheels onto my Boss 302, made the Status Grinder on the Solstice to have dual PCD so they can fit the PCD of the Z06 & CTS-V also looked at Saab, Saturn, Malibu, Catera whels for Solstice winter set, tried to run effectively-zero offset on the 350Z, used 300ZX, RX7, GS300, & other wheels on my previous DSM, and basically played with numerous fitting scenarios with all my cars.

What I am trying to do is put my current winter set on a new car I'm considering. And I figured if I can get them to fit with a little bit out of pocket as opposed to purchasing a whole new set, it would be worth it.

All good information though. I guess I've got some more research to do.

If you could gather all the information (widths, offsets, centerbores, diameters) numbers can be calculated. If you had access to the winter wheel, take a picture of the back of it.

Another cost-effective alternative is to find a used, good wheel set that fit your car and transfer the tires. Sell the old winter wheels to offset your cost.

Are you trying to use Focus/Contour wheels on a Mazda3 ?

If you could gather all the information (widths, offsets, centerbores, diameters) numbers can be calculated. If you had access to the winter wheel, take a picture of the back of it.

Another cost-effective alternative is to find a used, good wheel set that fit your car and transfer the tires. Sell the old winter wheels to offset your cost.

Are you trying to use Focus/Contour wheels on a Mazda3 ?

Buying wheels and transferring the tires was my second idea. Tires will be a slightly different size but that won't bother me.

Other way around. Mazda3 to a Focus.