Ohio State football: Hyde dismissed from team, sources say

Jackson1647545504

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks fine. Fuck that bitch.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe meyer has two girls either still in college, or recently out of college. he may not see it the same way, and that's literally all that matters in this case. be the bigger man and walk away, as hard as that may seem when 'swung on' first.

in the pro's, you'd be fined $20k and maybe one game. in college, a move like that can literally ruin any possible nfl future---much higher stakes

Meyer and other B1G Leaders division coaches invading ESPN campus today.

Obviously, Hyde's suspension is a focal point... some quotes from Urban from various ESPN shows so far this morning...

"We have too many issues and that has a role in severity of this discipline and discipline moving forward."

"If Carlos Hyde had been charged he would have been dismissed."

"I think the average person on the street from what he investigators told me, its nothing, let's move on, there would be no charges. But high profile players obviously represent the university. Anytime you start talking about domestic issues you have to take action."

"We have a zero tolerance policy, If you are charged with a domestic issue, you are dismissed from the program. That's just the way I was raised. Society is changed but i don't think athletes should change."

On whether or not there should be higher standards for athletes...

"Absolutely. You have to be fair because they are humans but they are high profile guys. A lot of times you get all the fringe benefits of being a great athlete, you get your education paid for, you get a chance to do some really amazing things and showcase your God-given talents, but with that becomes enormous responsibility because people watch. Is it fair all the time? No, but I selected to be a coach and players choose to become college football players."

"When I saw (Hyde) video, he needs to walk away from that situation. We're taught over and over again to get out of that situation."