Another "CR help me find a car" thread...

90G60

I'll be the tool that says don't stretch your budget for a car.

You already said you pushed it up to get to 16, now people want you to raise it almost 20% again to get to the 19k for the M3.

There are plenty of good cars out there, just have to look.

Will this be your only car? why would a track/autox focused car need to be 4 seater?

Do you have a daily?

I'd try VERY hard to get a mint e36 m3 for my budget before stretching it outside imo.

T()()L

Logic? Where is your sense of adventure!

I've been sitting on a stockpile of parts that I'm currently unloading. If a few things sell I won't have to finance more, just put more down. If I can't make it work, I won't be completely heart broken.

I still have the Legacy. We are probably going to buy (cash) a small truck or Jeep for winter. We want a coupe with a backseat that way our son can still come out for leisure cruises. I'm trying to remain somewhat grounded by realizing that we don't have the cash to finance 3 newer cars with one of them only being a 2-seater. I like the concept of having a car I can drive to the the track, run it, and drive it home.

Before the front and refresh, no, I would nite crank up the 4 cylinder boost. After, I think they got more stout. I would probably still look at the V6 instead.

Out of the box the the v6 should be the pick. I would only pick the 2.0t if it was a 2013 model, but even still the v6 is even better in that model year

Out of the box the the v6 should be the pick. I would only pick the 2.0t if it was a 2013 model, but even still the v6 is even better in that model year

From what I've read the 3.6 "track" model has all the good options (leather, keyless, etc..), but the 2.0t has a much better potential mod wise. According to their board members 350 WHP on a stock block is still safe assuming it's done correctly.

From what I've read the 3.6 "track" model has all the good options (leather, keyless, etc..), but the 2.0t has a much better potential mod wise. According to their board members 350 WHP on a stock block is still safe assuming it's done correctly.

2013+ I would agree with you, but I was on those boards for the first model year or so and I wouldn't recommend it.

I own a 2005 G35 and I don't know if I would auto-x it even if it wasn't a daily. Doing mods on a G35 is expensive and only net you small gains compared to a lot of other cars for the same cost.

If it were a fun daily (without concern for MPGs) id recommend it. Infiniti G35 coupes can be fun to drive, but its not a good to great auto-x car in my opinion

He bought one today. :)

Yup.

Although I wasn't really seeking one out. I bought an 07 CTS-V yesterday. It has a few things that need attention (peeling plasti-dipped wheels and grille), but so far it's a great car.

I managed to get it at a pretty ridiculous price. Actually came in a few k under my budget. Pictures will follow. Thanks for all the help!

Yup.

Although I wasn't really seeking one out. I bought an 07 CTS-V yesterday. It has a few things that need attention (peeling plasti-dipped wheels and grille), but so far it's a great car.

I managed to get it at a pretty ridiculous price. Actually came in a few k under my budget. Pictures will follow. Thanks for all the help!

2007 V for a few grand under 16k? More details, and is there another? lol

-Marc

2007 V for a few grand under 16k? More details, and is there another? lol

-Marc

It was more than 14, but not much more considering I couldn't find another 07 with under 100k for anywhere near what I paid.

Was going to use the photo's from the dealers site, but they pulled them before I made it back to Columbus with the car. I'll snap a few tomorrow. Need to setup a detailing session with Andy before any close ups though.

It was more than 14, but not much more considering I couldn't find another 07 with under 100k for anywhere near what I paid.

Was going to use the photo's from the dealers site, but they pulled them before I made it back to Columbus with the car. I'll snap a few tomorrow. Need to setup a detailing session with Andy before any close ups though.

Cant go wrong with andy. Hurry up and get that done so we can see this ride!