NSR50 to NXR100R Build Thread

exSRAaron

Finished less then 24 hours before the first raceday :twisted: I just want to say thanks to everybody they helped me get this together, Brian, Eric, Todd (TKracing), and Mike (Just2Ez05) for the PCing. And everyone at OYL for welcoming me into mini racing!! :mrgreen:

What she looked like when i first got her!

raceCRP.jpg

Out with the old!

011-7.jpg

In with the new!

012-6.jpg

133.jpg

137.jpg

Motor finally in...

007-8.jpg

013-5.jpg

015-5.jpg

016-7.jpg

Case Covers werent very clean so i got then prep'd for PCing

002-7.jpg

003-8.jpg

011-8.jpg

012-7.jpg

023-2.jpg

024-1.jpg

034-1.jpg

Shibby new gear :lol:

I decided to shorten the lever so if when i wreck LOL it shouldnt bend

067.jpg

Had to shorten the exhaust

028-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

Some of you guys know, i had a pretty bad highside the last race of the season and had to plastic weld everything back together

025-3.jpg

Brian (fireman-343) helping me fab up an exhaust

073.jpg

Everything finally back together, less then 24 hours before the first race day!

092.jpg

094.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

107-1.jpg

114.jpg

116-1.jpg

117-1.jpg

120.jpg

Aaron

Edited by exSRAaron

Ahhh.. it was fun welding up that exhaust.. too bad we didn't have a few extra days to work on it because it would of looked really good... But, that header will do for now! The bike looks great, can't wait to see ya out on the track with it tomorrow... Jordan and I had fun at CRP today, got the bike dialed in and ready to race!

See ya at the track!

Just a suggestion as I know that the 100 motors can produce some serious exhaust heat... You should have had the outlet exit the side instead of directly onto the rear tire...

Other than that.. Cool and great job. What happened to the XR/CRF100??

Just a suggestion as I know that the 100 motors can produce some serious exhaust heat... You should have had the outlet exit the side instead of directly onto the rear tire...

Other than that.. Cool and great job. What happened to the XR/CRF100??

thanks, yeah when i measured out where the canister needed to be it cleared the rear tire perfectly, but once everything was said (welded) and done it came smack dap in the center of the tire :rolleyes: it wasnt a problem yesterday racing, but i know i still have to add an extension.

thanks, yeah when i measured out where the canister needed to be it cleared the rear tire perfectly, but once everything was said (welded) and done it came smack dap in the center of the tire :rolleyes: it wasnt a problem yesterday racing, but i know i still have to add an extension.

So, what is the CRF going to be doing? Want to sell the chasis with the wheels and such?

Brian, he bought just the motor... The guy he bought the motor off of put it in his CRF frame to show him that it runs... I believe there is a built motor in that frame now

Aaron, the bike sounded great out there on the track yesterday, I should of taken some video.. Here are a few pic's of Aaron on the track during practice!

DSC01524.jpg

DSC01495.jpg

DSC01494.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

Matt,

The track is in Circleville. You'd be surprised how many "big" guys ride these minis! Its extremely cheap way to get to the track and have a blast..plus when you fall it normally doesnt hurt you or the bike too badly. And its a great way to get ur kids into the sport of racing, there was a maybe 10-11 yr old out there killin' it on sat!

Circleville Raceway Park (CRP)... located just north of Circleville, about 15-20 min south of Columbus Ohio... Here is a map of where the track is located at. It is right next to the truck stop/gas station on Rt. 23.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=19413+Us+Highway+23+North&city=Circleville&state=OH&zip+=43113&country=us&zoom+=5

Like Aaron said... there are a lot of "big" guys out there on these things. These are NOT pocketbikes... much bigger then them and the bikes act more like your big bike would.

Here is a pic showing the size differance next to my R6..

DSCN5190.jpg

DSCN5154.jpg

Matt,

Brian and Aaron are right, there are alot of “Big” guys that ride those things around the track… I should know, because I’m one of them “Big” guys!!! OMAR the Tent Maker had to make my leathers!!! :D

Last Saturday was my first race on one of them, and after my “O MY GOD, WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING ON THIS THING”, and “I’M SCREWING EVERYTHING UP” feelings calmed down from the good encouragement and support that I got from everyone their that day… I totally had a blast on it!!! I still have alot to learn, and I’m by far an expert at this… It will come with time tho I’m sure.

When we were packing things up at the end of the day, I was sad, because I wanted to do more!!! :( I drove 4hrs from the Pittsburgh area to do it, and it was by far the best day that I’ve had in a long time, and well worth the ride!! I’m hoping that I’m able to get off work on May 3rd to do it again..

Come on out and give it a try!!! You won’t regret it at all!!!

Aaron and Brian, Thanks again for all your encouragement and support on Saturday!!!

Edited by bigpaul