NSR50 to NXR100R Build Thread

exSRAaron

Cost is simple...

$25 for the first class

$20 for the 2nd

$15 for any after that...

Most riders only race two classes and that will cost ya $45 and get you 4 sprint races!

If you don't have a transponder, you can rent one for $10..

Season membership/race license is $35, temp (one day) license is $5

Cost ya $8 to get into the track

And since you've never raced with OYL before, your first race (one class) is FREE!

Cheap, easy and about as much fun as you can have on a weekend morning/afternoon!

Matt,

Trackdays are 15 bucks (All day long, bring w/e bike you have down). Raceday, 10 bucks for transponder rental or bring ur own, 8 bucks entry fee, 35 bucks for a full season race license or 5 bucks per raceday, 25 bucks per race (two 10 lap sprint)(price goes down if you race multiple classes on the same day too). First race with OYL is FREE!! So you'll looking at around 50 bucks a raceday! IMO its awesome considering how much fun it is to race these bikes..you dont have to race a NSR either, theres motards and such too.

What other bike options do I have....I am 6' tall and currently just under 250lbs.

Aaron has met me..I am a big boy....LOL!

I always wanted to do track days...but never found a decent enough track bike...and I dont need to go 150MPH either.

Also..I would never track my streeter as I have way too much money in it for a stupid rookie mistake...and not to mention...running the big bikes...is big bucks.

What about gear....I assume I have to have full leathers?

That right there can get pricy...and I wonder how gay I will look with some nut huggers on....LOL!

What other bike options do I have....I am 6' tall and currently just under 250lbs.

Aaron has met me..I am a big boy....LOL!

I always wanted to do track days...but never found a decent enough track bike...and I dont need to go 150MPH either.

Also..I would never track my streeter as I have way too much money in it for a stupid rookie mistake...and not to mention...running the big bikes...is big bucks.

What about gear....I assume I have to have full leathers?

That right there can get pricy...and I wonder how gay I will look with some nut huggers on....LOL!

not as gay with road rash on your ass and a dude putting sav on it the hospital room

You have a LARGE RANGE of bikes to choose from, CRF150R's, CRF/XR100's, KTM65's, RM85's, NSR's, YSR's, Metrakits, Pitster Pro's, TTR125's, KLX110's, SSR's, Derbi, etc... any mini up to 105cc 2 strokes, and 150cc 4 strokes (liquid cooled) and 200cc 4 strokes (air cooled).

For more info on the rules, click here: http://www.ohioysr.org/rules.htm

Leathers or textile suits are good (2 or 1 piece works). Leather gloves, race boots and I'd get a back protector also! If you want a place to get some cheap leathers (I was told they are good suits also) I'd buy one of these.. http://himalayaleather.com/products.php?cat=35

Gloves are cheap at Iron Pony (around $20)