What a glorious evening...

Cdubyah

Decided to go out for a ride today after work. Was a beautiful day, later into the evening. Rode down SR 16 to Newark, then SR 79 north toward Nellie.

Stopped and chatted with my dad for a bit. Rode back to town as the sun was going down. What a great way to end the day....or so I thought.

Coming off of SR 16 back into Coshocton, up the clover leaf, which is a glorified on ramp. There was a lot of traffic for some reason. Anyway traffic is starting to build in the left lane of SR 541. Mainly due to someone turning left....

SO, the last driver in that lane evidently wanted over in my lane really really badly. So on came the turn signal, and over they came. Problem was, I was already there. Whoops, dumbass. Not a whole lot of room for a swerve avoidance. So I locked it up, got really squirrelly, then decided I was gonna try my best superman impression! I'm really not that graceful.

Landed on my head. Yes I had my lid on, good fucking thing too, or this would have been alot worse. Tore my jacket up a bit, and my gloves.

Didn't rip up my pants, but still got a little rash on my knee. Body is starting to ache more and more as I type. I was back up, and on my feet before the cagers were out of their cars. Can't say enough about the folks that stopped. One guy helped me straighten out the shifter.

The bike has seen it's better days. Still running though. I rode it back up to Kawi's house to inspect a little closer.

Tank is gonna need a little more than a dent puller. Rear shock is smashed. Shifter, and peg are bent. Headlight popped out, and left mirror tore off. Somehow my license plate disappeared. Deputy went looking, but couldn't find anything.

Light still works, turn signals work, forks don't appear to be bent, brakes in tact, bars are fine. Just a little rash here and there. Didn't have my camera to snap pics. I'll prolly do that tomorrow, after I go down to the insurance office.

Oh and the SUV that cut me off....drove away. Didn't see hide nor hair of him or her. Didn't get a plate, just make, color and model.

Good thing my helmet was a full face, or it would be difficult to smoke a cig afterwards. Shitty thing was, I only had one left....oh well.

So my moral of the story is, wear your damn gear. Especially your helmet.

Hope you kids had a better day, and evening than I did. :D

Decided to go out for a ride today after work. Was a beautiful day, later into the evening. Rode down SR 16 to Newark, then SR 79 north toward Nellie.

Stopped and chatted with my dad for a bit. Rode back to town as the sun was going down. What a great way to end the day....or so I thought.

Coming off of SR 16 back into Coshocton, up the clover leaf, which is a glorified on ramp. There was a lot of traffic for some reason. Anyway traffic is starting to build in the left lane of SR 541. Mainly due to someone turning left....

SO, the last driver in that lane evidently wanted over in my lane really really badly. So on came the turn signal, and over they came. Problem was, I was already there. Whoops, dumbass. Not a whole lot of room for a swerve avoidance. So I locked it up, got really squirrelly, then decided I was gonna try my best superman impression! I'm really not that graceful.

Landed on my head. Yes I had my lid on, good fucking thing too, or this would have been alot worse. Tore my jacket up a bit, and my gloves.

Didn't rip up my pants, but still got a little rash on my knee. Body is starting to ache more and more as I type. I was back up, and on my feet before the cagers were out of their cars. Can't say enough about the folks that stopped. One guy helped me straighten out the shifter.

The bike has seen it's better days. Still running though. I rode it back up to Kawi's house to inspect a little closer.

Tank is gonna need a little more than a dent puller. Rear shock is smashed. Shifter, and peg are bent. Headlight popped out, and left mirror tore off. Somehow my license plate disappeared. Deputy went looking, but couldn't find anything.

Light still works, turn signals work, forks don't appear to be bent, brakes in tact, bars are fine. Just a little rash here and there. Didn't have my camera to snap pics. I'll prolly do that tomorrow, after I go down to the insurance office.

Oh and the SUV that cut me off....drove away. Didn't see hide nor hair of him or her. Didn't get a plate, just make, color and model.

Good thing my helmet was a full face, or it would be difficult to smoke a cig afterwards. Shitty thing was, I only had one left....oh well.

So my moral of the story is, wear your damn gear. Especially your helmet.

Hope you kids had a better day, and evening than I did. :D

damn brotha!!! good thing you had your brain bucket on.... I hope they find the SOB... how long do you figure the steed is gonna be laid up?

sorry to hear that man. the good thing is that it's coshocton and more than likely you will see that SUV sometime and get the chance to tell that SOB what you think of him/her and tell them to learn to pay attention and share the damn road

Glad you're OK my dude. I don't have to worryabout KK being cold at night. :D

As you know there are a lot of meanie riders on riderforums if you want to pick up some parts on the cheap.

Glad you're ok Cdubya! I doubt they'll catch the SUV though. Looks like he/she will be getting away with it with no plate #. Because there are many of the same SUV's on the road. What a prick though. I hope they need someone sometime and nobody is around to help them. That would be some karma for them.

Also, your bike is gorgeous! I hope it looks like it never happened soon, again. :cool:

Heal fast for the summer is upon us man. :)

I wish we had motorcycle safety commercials like they do overseas here in the USA playing a lot during the warm seasons.

The USA doesn't worry about bike riders. We're expendable it seems to everyone. Once you're on a 2 wheel machine on the road you're no longer a normal human being that has the right to life as others in cars. :nono::mad:

:plus1: Sorry to hear about the mishap but glad you (and the bike) are relatively ok. Why oh why won't cars take an extra second and check better before they shift lanes.....

cuz they are too busy talking on their cell phones and texting or putting make up on or reading the damn news paper (i saw that yesterday running down interstate 70)

I wish we had motorcycle safety commercials like they do overseas here in the USA playing a lot during the warm seasons.

The USA doesn't worry about bike riders. We're expendable it seems to everyone. Once you're on a 2 wheel machine on the road you're no longer a normal human being that has the right to life as others in cars. :nono::mad:

because we are on the list right behing calling people gay. oh wait that even has a public service announcment. :nono:

^^^Exactly. Riders aren't important. WHY? Because all that have power don't have the ability to operate a bike with coordination and don't ride, so they don't give a shit. We're in that sentence they say a lot..."Oh there's one of them biker people." <---like we're some genetic mutation or something. :nono: