Want to see what happens when you mix drag racing with autocross?

bmwohio

Take two parts autocross and one part drag racing, mix thoroughly and you get the Tire Rack SCCA ProSolo Series.

Drivers face off, side-by-side at a “Christmas Tree” start, before launching themselves down a straightaway and into mirror image autocross courses.

Three rounds of class competition gives drivers 12 total runs, 6 on each course. Not only do these runs determine the class winners, it sets the overall qualifying order for the second part of the event which determines the overall winner.

The top qualifiers enter into single elimination brackets and run off until only one remains; the Top Eliminator.

So, you basically have 6 chances on each side to get your fastest run. This is the final runs on Sunday (which are always the fastest) and this is from beginning to end.

This was my 2nd National Event ever with a DEEP class of 21 drivers in my class (STX). I was able to pull out a 3rd Place trophy spot with some of the most Nationally Competitive Drivers in this country for this class, including at least 3 National Champions. To put this into perspective, some guys try for years just to get a trophy spot and I did it in a borrowed car at my 2nd 'National' event ever.

Enjoy the action!!

Nice work! ProSolo is awesome. A friend of mine has been running Nationals (not sure if he's running ProSolo or just the regular class) in his gutted, stripped, Solstice with the windshield cut off.

You must be talking about Alex Jones :) Yeah, he does Pro Solo and Regular Solo.

Here he is waiting to get his runs in this past weekend at the Pro...with the caption: 'Cut the roof, they said. It'll be fun, they said.'

971006_10151493448826637_174323071_n.jpg

The fact that you just got in this car on Friday, and ended up 3rd in STX on Sunday is amazing Kale.

Should be very impressed. Now go kick ass at Wilmington and Nationals (if you're going)

Thanks, Kyle....can't make it to Wilmington, but I already had someone contact me and ask if I want to drive their E36 in STX at nationals....we'll see.....

I hear when you mix the two GT3's break parts :(

Yea, that sucks about their car :mad:

Congrats Kale. Good to see locals doing well at national events.

Incredible job man.

HERO STATUS UNLOCKED.

Thanks!! :fuckyeah:

You must be talking about Alex Jones :) Yeah, he does Pro Solo and Regular Solo.

Here he is waiting to get his runs in this past weekend at the Pro...with the caption: 'Cut the roof, they said. It'll be fun, they said.'

971006_10151493448826637_174323071_n.jpg

Yeah, we went to college together. Actually, I posted a comment on that pic ;)

Watched every minute of that vid. Great job!!! :thumbup:

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.....

Yeah, we went to college together. Actually, I posted a comment on that pic ;)

Ah, got ya....Alex is great guy.....

Your reaction time blows...

I'm happy with 600's.....I'd rather lose on track, than risk it and lose at the tree before I even have a chance.....