Mid Ohio Track Day on April 25th and 26th

PrincessPratt

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

find my chicken strips on either tire... seriously

:lol:

Jess leave it alone, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone. Good job on progressing throughout the weekend.

On another note glad to see most members that were at the two different tracks stayed up right. Hopefully everyone had a great time and gets back out there soon. I will hopefully be heading to mid-ohio may 21st and june 1st if things go according to plan. Hope to see some of you up there.

I didn't know the DTC was going to be at Mid-O. I was in garage #2 most of Saturday.

It was an impromptu ride Chuck & Justin came up with.....Think we started talkin' about it earnestly on Thursday

http://dysfunctionaltravelingcircus.freeforums.org/saturday-4-25-t107.html

We walked through the pits a couple times lookin' for you guys

hey fonz this is a promotional offer, for OR memers only, all the pics and vids for 30 bucks sight unseen and 8 dollars after today ,

I think I got a few of pratt today, I cant tell though she was moving so fast it was all a blur!! ( just kidding you could probably out ride my slow ass all day long)but I think I do actually have a few shots of ya!!

if ya want the pics just pm me!! 30 bucks and that price is only good today!! LOL

Bahahahahaha!!!! I'm not afraid to say that I still have chicken strips BUT I did progress quite a bit. My two goals for Sunday were....keeping my lines and learning my body positioning. I think I did a good job with both by the last 3 sessions although I did run over top of the divider in turn one. Scared the crap out of me. I was soooooo slow Monty put me one on one with an instructor all day long Sunday!!! LOL. I've FINALLY realized that when I go faster in the turns it's actually easier to corner and my bike feels less like it's going to fall over.

I do have to ask.....Why the heck did nobody tell me to purchase some dri fit gear for under my leathers??? I could barely get my legs up on the foot pegs the first day b/c I was so sweaty/sticky. I stopped at Dicks Sunday morning and bought some Nike dri fit and I was good to go the entire day. I have to check the website to see how many more novice days are available. I NEED to do at least 2 more weekends/4 days whichever is avail!

It was soooo nice to meet everyone and I appreciate the support and help of all who pitched in. I'm not fast but at least now I feel safe. :D

And Brian 777 if you're reading this......tears still falling!!!!!!!! :p

FYI, I purchased some pics from the designated guy for STT. I wanted to see how crazy I really do look! hehe.

that sucks to hear, hopefully he can figure it out...guess he will be sending it to rueben to get built.

He did figure it out. Threw the number 4 rod out of the motor... Toast.

The "guy" he was talking to is a great performance tech, as well. Reuben knows more about Zooks, but Tracy isn't a slouch.

He did figure it out. Threw the number 4 rod out of the motor... Toast.

The "guy" he was talking to is a great performance tech, as well. Reuben knows more about Zooks, but Tracy isn't a slouch.

Yeah I just got off the phone with steve, sucks but sounds like he has a good plan of action.

nice to meet you all.good to hear everybody make without accident.see you there soon.princesspratt good job

Thank u rusty!!! I really appreciated all the help this past weekend. I hope u sell ur ducati for what u want. Make sure u hit up yota/kevin about ur track fairings when/if u do. I think he fell in love. LOL

Edited by PrincessPratt

Nice to see you all out there as well.

I have improved a lot and will definitely be going back haha.

A friend of mine was actually a professional photographer(not so much for racing) but he was taking pictures for me and of course private use only. The guy that was taking pictures for Mid-Ohio selling the pictures told him to get out lol.

Nice to see you all out there as well.

I have improved a lot and will definitely be going back haha.

A friend of mine was actually a professional photographer(not so much for racing) but he was taking pictures for me and of course private use only. The guy that was taking pictures for Mid-Ohio selling the pictures told him to get out lol.

Your friend didn't leave after being told that did he?

:nono: That photographer from STT can fist fuck himself. He has no say in what can/cannot be photographed at that track.

That being said, where's all the pics? I thought there were a lot of guys taking pics... Anyone? Post 'em up!

yea he stopped taking pictures after that but he was pissed! :(

ummm what IP said. :lol:

Those types of assholes need put in their place. If the STT photog doesn't think all his experience and shooting can stand up to us random guys out there shooting, than he needs to pack up his shit and go shoot rocks.

:nono: That photographer from STT can fist fuck himself. He has no say in what can/cannot be photographed at that track.

Well he SHOULD allow others to take pics. He charges a buttload for the pics and I only got like 25 pics....75% are the same shot/corner. I'm NOT happy at all. I had fully intended on utilizing him when I go to bluegrass (hopefully) but now I will not. I got a disc today with 179 pics....25 mine and the rest were random shots of people in there pit. I was very confused (which doesn't take much...;)). Does anyone else have any GOOD pics of the day?

i did get my photos disc but noticed i was missing quite a few pics, so i emailed him with a list. I think I ended up with about 40 or so pics shown on his website (the disc had just under 30 I believe). i also got the "bonus" folders with photos in them.

hopefully, he sends the rest. all in all, it was good work, but I kind of thought he would take more pics. what's funny is, on saturday, i hadn't given him a card until end of the day, and on sunday he had my card, but took about 40% less pics. If i heard this right, he was actually instructing or riding for a part of the day on sunday, which would explain why he took less pics.

Actually, if you look at the heavypennyphoto.com link, and go to the STT midohio april 25 and 26th folder, you'll notice he took about 500+ pics on saturday and less than 300 on sunday. i was a bit disappointed, to be honest. I thought if you're there to serve a particular function, then you should just do that... not mix riding/instructing with photography. despite all that, the pics were pretty good, though some were fairly blurry for professional work. I realize the shots where the rider is going through a corner at semi-high speeds are fairly difficult to keep the rider sharp and in focus, but with the equipment he had and his experience, it should be a straight forward thing to keep them all in focus. Then again, I have all of 1 class of Photography 101 from school as experience and a bunch of shitty pics i took with my old SLR.

EDIT: The photographer already got back to me and told me he'll be shipping out another CD with all the pics (including the ones that were missing) as well as a bunch that he prepped for print and more with various editing done to it. That is quick and thorough response without any hassles... which is exactly what you'd expect to see from a well run business. Other than the things I mentioned above, I'm pretty satisfied by the way he responded to an honest mistake. I say this because there was another asian kid there with an identical bike and similar looking leathers, so he must've been so so confuse.

Edited by jbot