Mazda 787 - 2011 LeMans

zeitgeist57

The 4 rotor FD built by Logan Carswell is designed to be very close to the motor installed in the 787B. The last time I checked he had it idling only. As his has the variable intake runners and should sounds close. It also is balanced by a guy out of Florida to a very close tolerance. Cannot wait to see what RPM and #'s he gets when tuning.

As for the 787B it was the epitome of rotary engineering at the time.

A reliable rotary?? Why didn't they put this in the FD and RX-8 then??:fuckyeah:

3 pedals FTW!!!

I think it's more about why didn't they put reliable owners in the FD's to take care of them as they should be.

But, I get your sarcasm.

I think it's more about why didn't they put reliable owners in the FD's to take care of them as they should be.

But, I get your sarcasm.

Pretty much, growing up with the DSM's I've taken almost as much verbal abuse as you rotary boys(and now drive a Mustang). Would think you have a thicker skin than I do. Obviously that car was reliable enough to withstand 24hrs of torture which few can do.

I do agree if Mazda had been allowed to spend a couple years racing and developing that engine they could have made more strides with rotaries.