1996 Civic assistance

Exodus

Vehicle: 1996 Honda Civic EX Sedan

Issue: I hear a clicking/knocking coming from the drivers front wheel when I make left and right turns, rarely when I am going straight, It does intensify with speed.

Diagnostics so far:

1. I replaced the axle on that side because it needed to be replaced anyways

2. Jacked the car up and tried to wiggle the wheel up and down and to the side and cannot find any play in it.

Any Ideas? Will also pay someone to come take a look..

Had the same issue with coming from the driver side wit my old 95 civic. Actually ended up being the passenger side axle. Noise was travelling through the drive train badly. Replaced the driver side and no difference. Replaced the passenger side and fixed everything

Check the opposite side that you think the noise is coming from. May also be a wheel bearing.

On my dad's truck I swore that the noise was on the drivers side, but it was the passenger side wheel bearing.

I noticed it doesnt start making the noise until i've driven a mile or two from a cold start.

Had the same issue with coming from the driver side wit my old 95 civic. Actually ended up being the passenger side axle. Noise was travelling through the drive train badly. Replaced the driver side and no difference. Replaced the passenger side and fixed everything

really? will check it out

Yes, noises from the front can sound like they are coming from one side, but in fact are coming from the other. A clicking sound is almost certainly the axle / CV joints. Check for play in the bearings.