Wilmington OH Autocross Site - Video

31rx7

Some of you know that SCCA finally got access to the large concrete pad at Wilmington. I went to the August 3 -4 National Tour event, and have to say it was the most awesome piece of concrete that I've had the pleasure of competing on.

so you just wing it? Ever thrown you way off doing it that way? I've always wondered about this

Course walks help lots and are pretty much essential for a new racer. But you can read the cones as well. The big things to watch for are pointer cones. They're the cones laying on the side pointing at a standing cone. Those indicate which side of the cone you need to pass on.

Also, after doing a few you start to recognize patterns. So while the course is different every time, you will find familiar elements in each one. It's just a matter of figuring out how those elements are different from last time, and then linking them together in your head.

Most events will have a Novice Walk where an experienced driver will take a group of new drivers around the course pointing out important things and giving advice. And the local region holds a yearly AutoX school where you can get 1-on-1 instruction in your own car.