Finally got tint/plate ticket - cop "let me keep my car"

ForeverMaker

In the Z06 on 270 pulled over for tint and no front plate (and NOT for speeding). :dumb:

Cop said he would let me keep my car and not impound it since it was a first offense for tint. :dumb:

So my question is -- can they impound my car the second time? Never heard of that.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That area is 200% the biggest trap for no front plates. I've known a lot of friends pulled over up there for it. Crazy.

I actually didn't know that they snagged people for that at that area. I drive that stretch EVERY day. Both cars have tint and no front plate.

I believe they can, but it's an extraordinary waste of time and resources

I could see if you had unpaid tickets or something but geez.

Same thing happened to me, in the same place. I think we are just low hanging fruit to them.

He wouldn't clarify why he would impound my car for a nonmoving violation.

Damn, at least you asked! I think I was so surprised I was speechless.

So if I pay it when will it come off my record?

Never understood why Columbus is so strict about equipment tickets like that. I just got pulled over last weekend here in Willoughby for speeding, and the cop didn't say one word about my lack of a front plate. Yet when my car was parked in Columbus I got a ticket for it.

They can't impound your car on the spot for something like that. They can issue an order to have the equipment fixed (in this case, the tint and front plate), and if it isn't fixed within the allotted time (usually 30 days) they can impound it if you get stopped again.

He's just trying to scare you.

They can't impound your car on the spot for something like that. They can issue an order to have the equipment fixed (in this case, the tint and front plate), and if it isn't fixed within the allotted time (usually 30 days) they can impound it if you get stopped again.

He's just trying to scare you.

ahhh ok that makes sense.

It's the same asshole up to his same old antics. S. Miller...guarantee that's the name on the ticket. My friend complained about him last year because he is reckless in going after people for tint and plates. He got no less than 6 of my friends up there recently.

....oh and he got me yesterday too :(

My gripe is he's such a dick about it. And he only pulls people over for this and no moving violations. If I'm speeding and you want to add insult to injury fine, it disappoints me I get pulled over for only this.

Alas, my choice to have tint and no front plate....I'll just deal with it.

Purchased a car in indiana with tint one time, had no idea about tin law because I never had tint and I got pulled over in total surprise a few days after buying it and was ticketed. The cop didn't car I had just purchased the car out of state.

A Columbus "highway patrol" faggot said that to me when I got pulled over for my exhaust. Asked a CPD LEO I know and he Lol'd wen I told him I was threatened with having my shit impounded. Edited by Geeesammy

It's the same asshole up to his same old antics. S. Miller...guarantee that's the name on the ticket. My friend complained about him last year because he is reckless in going after people for tint and plates. He got no less than 6 of my friends up there recently.

....oh and he got me yesterday too :(

My gripe is he's such a dick about it. And he only pulls people over for this and no moving violations. If I'm speeding and you want to add insult to injury fine, it disappoints me I get pulled over for only this.

Alas, my choice to have tint and no front plate....I'll just deal with it.

+1. Same guy pulled me over last week and gave me a ticket. Second time for no reason other than tint and plate. Told me he was towing my car this time and I waited in the back of the car for 45 min before he decided to just let me move on. This guy is a joke and obviously has some issues.