David Buschur;Extreme Butthurt?

coltboostin

He's a dick, point blank. I went to the Sport Compact Nationals 2 years ago and it was the most unorganized, shit hole event I have been to. A lot of guys tried talking to Dave, but unless you owned a DSM he just gave you his asshole attitude. I am glad that event is no more (low attendance this year and he canceled it for the future).

so in order to spend $xx,xxx on mods to my car and have him do a good job, i have to get to know him first for him to be kewl with me?? :dumb:

i got no time for that stupid shit

You and him will get along just fine.

I never bought any part from him. I was at his shop a couple times to get my car tune.

Yes sir, The guy who had the issues had more then just this but just an example. it leaked from day 1 he took it back he used what looked like JB Weld to fix it.

Why edit your post about his tune?

Seems a bunch of people just jumping on the wagon and acting like a bunch of teens, boggled someone started a thread over this. I've bought a few parts off him when I had my EVO, He's just straight to the point and isn't trying to be your friend. People mistake that for being a dick when they call.

I never used to have a problem with Dave at all. Unfortunately my last couple dealings up there will be my last. JP, you already know most of that reason.

It may be a matter of opinion, but the only GTR on the JC level is AMS's Shop car, and I think Jamie made more power. :fuckyeah:

Don't forget that shep ran 8.2

Jamie's build looks to be bad ass, but for the time being there are still a dozen GT-Rs that have already ran the ETs that everyone speculates JC will beat...

Don't forget that shep ran 8.2

Jamie's build looks to be bad ass, but for the time being there are still a dozen GT-Rs that have already ran the ETs that everyone speculates JC will beat...

It will be interesting to see what the trans puts up with. The car will have the top end-the first 330 (which is the trickiest part of getting those GTRs to work) will make or break it.

To be clear, I have not spoken with David in years. I've never had an issue with him in the past other than my personal belief that his best days were with Tym. Regardless, there is a lot of history between David and Tym, both good and bad. I don't know all that was said between the two of them when they ran into each other a few weeks back, but the net of what was communicated to me by a couple folks is that I was not welcome for various reasons and that if I showed, I would be kicked-out. Perhaps it's unlike me, but I decided to let it go. In my mind it wasn't a big deal as David has the right to do what he wants at his event. The DSM Shoot-out is a great time and I hope Switzer's cars will be at the next one.

I have had misc. dealings with him over the years. I met him originally after Tym had just left 11-12 years ago (man I feel old). I just bought my old white 1g and went up to have timing belt job done. He was definitely abrasive at first and short and to the point. But I sat there and waited for probably 3 hours for Dan to get the job done and as I sat there he started talking with me more and more. He seemed to ease up as he realized I wasn't a normal punk kid (I was 20 at the time) and became decent to talk to and told some great stories. He even complimented me with going with an A/T DSM. I would see him off and on the next couple years and he was one of the first people to congratulate me for breaking the 11 second barrier with the A/T even though few of the parts I had were from his shop and I rarely talked to him. 11 second A/T DSM's were rare back then. I thiink he just has that no B/S get to the point attitude.

I dealt with his shop a little when I had my EVO 9 last year and dealt with Jarrod mostly. He was great to talk to. Definitely the one that should have been running the relations part of the business. Shame he left.

I think most just have to know how to take Buschur. He can definitely rub many (including me at first) the wrong way.

On the GTR front, I'd love to see some high powered ones up close. Love those cars. Maybe I'll have to save and get one in a few years. lol... now that I'm single again with no prospects in sight

Pavo

I have had misc. dealings with him over the years. I met him originally after Tym had just left 11-12 years ago (man I feel old). I just bought my old white 1g and went up to have timing belt job done. He was definitely abrasive at first and short and to the point. But I sat there and waited for probably 3 hours for Dan to get the job done and as I sat there he started talking with me more and more. He seemed to ease up as he realized I wasn't a normal punk kid (I was 20 at the time) and became decent to talk to and told some great stories. He even complimented me with going with an A/T DSM. I would see him off and on the next couple years and he was one of the first people to congratulate me for breaking the 11 second barrier with the A/T even though few of the parts I had were from his shop and I rarely talked to him. 11 second A/T DSM's were rare back then. I thiink he just has that no B/S get to the point attitude.

I dealt with his shop a little when I had my EVO 9 last year and dealt with Jarrod mostly. He was great to talk to. Definitely the one that should have been running the relations part of the business. Shame he left.

I think most just have to know how to take Buschur. He can definitely rub many (including me at first) the wrong way.

On the GTR front, I'd love to see some high powered ones up close. Love those cars. Maybe I'll have to save and get one in a few years. lol... now that I'm single again with no prospects in sight

Pavo

i don't know him from sally. the point is, if you run a business, you will be much more successful if you treat each customer like a v.i.p.. including the 20 year olds with 'dumb questions'. you never know who is going to be a great customer. who is going to be an excellent referral source (they might be dirt poor and bring their janky dsm in for a b.s. job). or who is going to look like a great customer but be a royal pain in the ass.

as a customer purchasing a product/service, i will 'size up' the shop with some emails/phone calls/simple jobs, before i go for a bigger job. if someone answered my phone call "hello, do you also have a stupid question?", they would never get my business, no matter how competent they were. i might just visit the shop to take a shit on someone's desk. part of maximizing your success is simply being nice to people-

i don't know him from sally. the point is, if you run a business, you will be much more successful if you treat each customer like a v.i.p.. including the 20 year olds with 'dumb questions'. you never know who is going to be a great customer. who is going to be an excellent referral source (they might be dirt poor and bring their janky dsm in for a b.s. job). or who is going to look like a great customer but be a royal pain in the ass.

as a customer purchasing a product/service, i will 'size up' the shop with some emails/phone calls/simple jobs, before i go for a bigger job. if someone answered my phone call "hello, do you also have a stupid question?", they would never get my business, no matter how competent they were. i might just visit the shop to take a shit on someone's desk. part of maximizing your success is simply being nice to people-

I don't disagree with that point in the least. I know it can be frustrating dealing with people that ask or say dumb things all the time but as you point out, you own a business and should be personable and treat the customer well. We all have bad days but when your sole living is based off your business then every customer should be treated wonderfully. Heck it should just be common decency regardless of if you are the owner. It's called good work ethics.

I know my post sounded like I was defending the behavior. I definitely wasn't but see how it came off that way. It was more of my experiences with him and the company.

I could have gone to his place and gotten a little better prices on service work on my old Evo but I went/stayed with IPS because of how great they were to me. Not that their prices are bad as they are great and the CS is fantastic. Ask Brandon or Jeff... I spent pennies in there compared to most and they always treated me like a high roller. I respect and appreciate that kind of good business.

That and getting to look at all the awesome cars that were always sitting around there... ;)

Pavo

Well this turned into a shit show.

For the record-I don’t have, never have, and hopefully never will have a personal problem with David. He is abrasive, yes, but he is a straight up guy. My input was biased previous conversations with those involved, and observation of the lack of any Switzer involvement in Dave's event. Nothing more. I was told something up front, saw not one Switzer car there, local or otherwise, got the cold shoulder from Dave, and put 2 and 2 together. I can only work with what I see, and I have the right to my opinion. It’s shitty Tym and David still seem to have issues 10 or so years since he left BR.

David I am sure will build many potent GTR's in the future. At this point, it’s a bit of a saturated market tuner wise, so I do wish him the best of luck.

Well this turned into a shit show.

For the record-I don’t have, never have, and hopefully never will have a personal problem with David. He is abrasive, yes, but he is a straight up guy. My input was biased previous conversations with those involved, and observation of the lack of any Switzer involvement in Dave's event. Nothing more. I was told something up front, saw not one Switzer car there, local or otherwise, got the cold shoulder from Dave, and put 2 and 2 together. I can only work with what I see, and I have the right to my opinion. It’s shitty Tym and David still seem to have issues 10 or so years since he left BR.

David I am sure will build many potent GTR's in the future. At this point, it’s a bit of a saturated market tuner wise, so I do wish him the best of luck.

Yes it did. My bad for contributing to that. Not my original intent. I do love me a GTR though. Shame none were there. I remember the old shootout days back in the early 2000's fondly. Seems like they aren't nearly as much fun from what I hear from people.

Pavo

Yes it did. My bad for contributing to that. Not my original intent. I do love me a GTR though. Shame none were there. I remember the old shootout days back in the early 2000's fondly. Seems like they aren't nearly as much fun from what I hear from people.

Pavo

This was not directed twards you Pavo. Just tying to put out a fire that is going on behind closed doors right now.

The hand full of times I've met and talked with him, I never had an issue with DB. I haven't spent any money in his shop or really dealt with him long term though. Seems like an okay guy to me but he is to the point and not a lot of BS (which I prefer)..

Hate to say it but so much drama in the car forum world and social media these days, probably gets tired of it all. You've got to get with the technology age or change careers. I know I wouldn't want to run half of these shops based on responding to the idiots on FB alone. Some people have no clue about anything, I mean really..lol.

The hand full of times I've met and talked with him, I never had an issue with DB. I haven't spent any money in his shop or really dealt with him long term though. Seems like an okay guy to me but he is to the point and not a lot of BS (which I prefer)..

Hate to say it but so much drama in the car forum world and social media these days, probably gets tired of it all. You've got to get with the technology age or change careers. I know I wouldn't want to run half of these shops based on responding to the idiots on FB alone. Some people have no clue about anything, I mean really..lol.

I agree 100%. He gets very bent out of shape and tends to argue online on FB and in forums with people that have no clue about, well anything, and it tends to fan the flame.

Pavo

I disagree Pavo. If people aren't having fun at the Shootout, they are doing it wrong.

As for the treatment if customers, I can see his side perfectly. Do that for a month and you would see why too. It's like being forced to sit a a car meet with Honda, Corvette, and Mustang owners. Should he be more patients with customers? Sure, but you are buying his products, not his personality. If they Weren't any good he would be working in a Parts Store somewhere.