selling my truck's spare tire....

xlr8tn

I took the spare out a couple of years ago and it's just been sitting in the shed. My son is saving money for a new set of drums so I've been helping him out by giving him stuff to do that lets him earn money. I told him if he dug that tire out and cleaned it up I'd take it off the rim and he can sell it at the feed store here in town ( I know the guy that runs it and he'll let us put it up there).

Not sure what the tire is worth as an un-used spare. It's a bridgestone (245/75/16) e-rated tire and is $196 through tire rack and $193 at discount tire. I'm thinking like $50 since the cheapest e-rated tire I saw was $103. Think I should try to get him $75 out of it? When you're 10 the extra $25 feels like a fortune. :D I just don't know if a 7 year old spare is really worth that and more importantly if anyone will pay that. It's only worth as much as someone will pay for it at the end of the day.

I never even thought about that. Delete this guys. I'm putting these at the feed store here so they're not even for sale on the board. I want them to be local so my son can make the sign, collect the money, & what not. I'm just not sure what he should ask. I'll just have him shoot for $50.

What the date on the DOT?

I'll have to look but it's off an 06 so they're at least 7 years old. I know technically tires should only be good for about 6 or something like that but someone will want it I'm sure