FD RX7 Build: Owner Adam Green (CR name Dorito)

KD93R1

You both suck at the quote feature.

I fixed it. I was on my phone last night so I just re-quoted without editing.

Adam, you going to be out and about this weekend in the beast?

No, I am in Portsmouth this weekend. I will be out next weekend.

Impressive, that car was such a mess before, I'll bet you had fun re-doing all that wiring!!

:no: The wiring was such a mess. Kevin got it back to where it needed to be finally.

Came out great! Adam, any details you're willing to share on the turbo and motor specs?

Thanks! It's a half-bridgeport with RA seals, full-premix, 850cc primaries/1660cc secondaries, PowerFC, Defined V-Mount, and a PTE 6766. I ordered the turbo through Lee Howie since he knows the owner (Harry). When Lee finally gave it to me, he said "that's not a stock 6766 anymore...I made it a little different." At first I was all :confused: and then I was all :masturboy: (for those of you who know Lee)

I see the hood! I see the hood!

Seriously impressive build. If you can put it in dry storage it'll be worth some big bucks 25-30 years from now :)

Eeeeeeeeeeewww. I apologize that your brain had to actually process that eyesore. Yeah, I'm hoping that it will start appreciating in the next few years. Right now, they are going down in value, but the numbers keep dropping due to people wrecking them (even in Columbus, I have heard of three this year).

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It was a weird adjustment for me to accept paying someone else to finish this car due to at least two extreme life changes. I only did about 10-15% of the work on this car, much unlike my Talon (for those who remember) where I did 90+%. When I brought the car to Kevin, it was a shell with a bare engine in it. I had freshly bead-blasted all of the engine pieces, and painted them. I sanded, primered, painted, and cleared the engine bay. Lastly, I was able to get the engine in place, and bolt it all up. That's was how the car sat until I brought it to him. I must say, the props on this one go to Kevin. I just did the research, chose the modifications, and footed the bill.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Kevin and his customers' cars at numerous import shows and events around Ohio. Those cars are always the envy of the spectators, and I think that fact and the satisfaction that his customers have all attest to Kevin's skill and commitment.

Wouldn't it be great if every enthusiast car model had someone like Kevin in the area? :D

I saw this thing on Saturday at cars and coffee and it looks really good man. Sounds super good as well

Thank you, that is really good to hear. Adam paid good money and I think its important to get your monies worth. Car came along way from sitting for 2 odd years. I honestly hope it brings Adam years of enjoyment, he worked hard to make it happen.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e120/Sugarfuzz/20130812_202744_zps709fe997.jpg

This car is secksey.

Is that pic at Sunoco on N. Broadway and 71? I used to live about a mile from there down E N Broadway...going the "scary" direction, towards Cleveland.

I saw this thing on Saturday at cars and coffee and it looks really good man. Sounds super good as well

Thanks! It was good to meet you. It sounds and runs far better than it looks though. I'm still working on all of that.

This car is secksey.

Is that pic at Sunoco on N. Broadway and 71? I used to live about a mile from there down E N Broadway...going the "scary" direction, towards Cleveland.

Thanks! Yep, that's the sketchy ass gas station I was at. Never a dull moment there.

Thanks! It was good to meet you. It sounds and runs far better than it looks though. I'm still working on all of that.

Thanks! Yep, that's the sketchy ass gas station I was at. Never a dull moment there.

Ha ha. I actually miss that neighborhood.

Eeeeeeeeeeewww. I apologize that your brain had to actually process that eyesore. Yeah, I'm hoping that it will start appreciating in the next few years. Right now, they are going down in value, but the numbers keep dropping due to people wrecking them (even in Columbus, I have heard of three this year).

I actually like the hood- all it needs is some sort of trim work to finish the edges, primarily so that you don't cut yourself- seriously. Didn't one of the Ferrari's have a hood like that?

Don't know much about rx7s but the description of your build sounds fast-

I like the color and definitely dig the wheels that are on it now.

Love the way your car turned out, Adam. Glad I got to see that CLK55 AMG try and fail at outrunning it, this weekend :D

;)

Ha ha. I actually miss that neighborhood.

Oh I'm sure that the neighborhood isn't bad, but that gas station sure is. I just know that I'm thankful for my CCL when I'm there because I'm always watching for some dude to fly out of the station, with a case of beer under his arm, looking for a quick escape lol.

I actually like the hood- all it needs is some sort of trim work to finish the edges, primarily so that you don't cut yourself- seriously. Didn't one of the Ferrari's have a hood like that?

Don't know much about rx7s but the description of your build sounds fast-

I like the color and definitely dig the wheels that are on it now.

That is the very first (and likely last) compliment I have ever gotten on the hood. I wish I felt the same about it.

Compared to most of the heavy hitters in Columbus, it's not that fast. I enjoy it at the current power level though.

The color probably receives the most compliments. It's actually GM Laser Blue, and it's definitely a good looking color on this car. I would like to have it repainted within the next few years, and it will be tough for me to not go with the same color. Though, I have been thinking about a gunmetal grey for a while. Thanks for the compliments!