Semi Auto 12 ga ?'s

Radio Flyer1647545514

Will be used for hunting bird and for clays at the range.

Trying to stay at a reasonable price range. I'm a big fan of CZ firearms and have been eyeballing their 912.

Other than that some options I've had recommended to me are:

Beretta 390

Browning Silver or Gold Hunter

Pre 92 Remingtons

I haven't looked to see if these are all in my price point.

I'm not worried about recoil, I'm most concerned about reliability.

Edited by Radio Flyer

I love hunting with the Remington 11-87 28 gauge. it's awesome for squirrel and typically will handle rabbit fine as well. 1100's tend to feel a little more cumbersome but are still a great gun.

We've been using the same 11-87 and 1100 for 20+ years now. Absolutely zero issues with either gun.

Remington 1100, Mossberg 930, Versa Max (best autoloader ive ever owned and shot) or Winchester X3.

I didnt list the real high end since you said you were trying to stay at a reasonable price. When I sold my Versa Max I sold it for $1000 on Armslist so you should be able to get one for around $750-850 now.

Remington 1100 or 1187 is probably your most popular and have been around for a long time. Mossberg 930 is okay, but I have heard some have reliability issues.

If you have the money, a benelli super black eagle is a great hunting/clay shooting shotgun.

I like the CZ 912, it is reliable and and priced very well. Best bang for your buck would be the Beretta 390.

If I were to pick, I probably would pick up the CZ912.

I like the CZ 912, it is reliable and and priced very well. Best bang for your buck would be the Beretta 390.

If I were to pick, I probably would pick up the CZ912.

Is that just a personal feel thing? I'm really between these two.

I need to find a place to hold the 912 so I can compare.

Also, how is the quality of the wood on the CZ vs the Beretta?

Well I picked up a CZ 912 today for a FTF deal.

Ended up paying 420 for this with 5 choke tubes. This is my first shotgun and it'll get put to some serious use. I've read about hammer issues with these, hopefully it's nothing I'll experience. If I do I'm sure CZ will take care of me. The owner had this sent to CZ for some trigger work so it's pretty smooth compared to some of the other 912 out there.

Here it is next to my CZ 455, my CZ 75 is out getting a barrel fitted and threaded or we would have something from each of their categories here.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=655&pictureid=7312

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=655&pictureid=7311

Good pick up. :)

Thanks for the persuasion. I'd have been waiting another week or two to get a 390 without your comments. I got lucky enough to even get in contact with this guy to hold this thing, no one in town had one in store.

I'll be getting out to either Black Wing or Briar soon to shoot. Probably Black Wing so I can spend some time shooting this thing. I've got a lot of sighting in to do on my rifles too so the next time I'm at Briar I'll have a busy day on the bench and might not have much time to shoot clay there.

That is sexy

Very nice.

love the silver!

Thanks to the three above. I think the silver really sets it apart from the black receivers. I had a lot of trouble even finding anything about the silver receiver that wasn't the Tom Knapp edition.

Looks good, but i prefer the 11-87. Soon ill have a super mag for huntin geese

I heard to stay away from any Remingtons that weren't pre 92 so I didn't do much looking. I also got to hold a Remington 1100 20ga and wasn't really feeling the fit so I got turned off to continuing any Remington search. This should be a good starting point for me and I'm a big CZ fan already, figured I'd pick up a shotgun from them as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten this out twice now and I'm pretty happy with it.

The first outing wasn't so good, I had about 70/75 stove pipes. I contacted CZ and I guess this gun requires 1 1/8oz loads that are at least 1200fps from the muzzle.

Took it out to try some new ammo as was suggested and it ran flawless, I just can't buy the inexpensive Federal from Vance's unfortunately. Just a heads up for anyone that may be looking at one of these.

I got to get some time behind a Beretta 390 as well, I like it a lot but the fit of the 912 is a little better for me and it cost me quite a bit less.

I got a membership to Blackwing now so if anyone is looking to do sporting clays or skeet post up and I can get 2 people at a time member pricing.

Nice purchase, Seems like a good price too.

Since you already made the buy, I just wanted to add for future readers that Stoeger makes a quality semi auto for around $600 new. I've shot my friends M2000 that he's hunted water fowl with it a few times now and never had any issues. Stoeger now has the M3000 availible