Any ford techs here? Coolant leak on 98 windstar

Browning

Have a coolant leak that seems to only leak while the engine is running. At first I assumed water pump because of the location but it's definitely not coming from under the pump, where most weep holes are found, correct?

From what I can tell it's above the waterpump, one of the upper corners is wet right at the block(timing cover?) as if that's just the location is chose as its path. You can't really see much on these engines and it's a pita to pinpoint it. I have read lower intake gasket, timing cover and a tube that runs under the upper intake are all common areas for coolant leaks.

How would you narrow this down when you can't see much of anything?

I guess what I want to is for those techs who have an issue with leaks like this on the 3.8 in the fords, what is the usual cause? Not really excited about working on a van with limited access and I hate to take the upper intake off for no reason although I have a hunch it would help me narrow it down

I am certainly no expert on those engines but it sure sounds like an intake manifold leak as most engines have a coolant passage in them. Given the limited space to look around it's not easy for anybody to be certain, however pressurizing the system will typically make the coolant flow which can make it much easier to pinpoint. A coolant pressure test would be my next step, so i hope you can get it figured out.