Looking to buy clearanced outdoor grill!

IVRINGS

Anyone know someone that works for a Lowe's, Home Depot, or anyplace that sells them? Looking to upgrade when stores start to clearances them out. Hopes to brands, but looking for something on the higher end. The last entry level I picked up 5-6 years ago was $399 and bought it for $99 with a dent in the front panel. I just took the front cover off and used the hell out of it. Let me know if we have someone on the inside.

there were two people lined up in the customer loading area at the easton lowes today while i was there. Both had the larger stainless grills with "yellow" sale stickers on them. I didn't see the price, so i guess i'm not much of a help here.

Tom

• 1 month later...
I would be open to not being the very high end, but I want something I don't have to replace every 3-4 years. I'm making sure to clear some area in either garage to store in the winter and thinking a build in might just work and do that first week of warm weather next year if I don't find anything.

I would be open to not being the very high end, but I want something I don't have to replace every 3-4 years. I'm making sure to clear some area in either garage to store in the winter and thinking a build in might just work and do that first week of warm weather next year if I don't find anything.

I had an apartment for about 5 years, knowing I wanted a nice grill but also knowing that it was an apartment and it could get stolen beat up over winter (no storage) etc I bought a cheap $170 grill that got the job done.

When I bought my house 3 years ago I vowed that within a year I would buy a Weber Grill, well 2 yrs ago in fall I got lucky and found a home depot that had a last year model that they were replacing and had $100 off so it was $399 instead of $499. Other than that I am pretty sure your high end stuff never goes on sale.

Moral of the story IMO: Buy a Weber I have the E-310 model before this, http://www.weber.com/grills/series/genesis

My dad has had a Weber gas grill for ten + years and it works like day one. I love mine, I was also lucky enough to get one with cast iron grates that can get to about 550 degrees with the grill I have and sear your steaks really well.

If you spend the money now and take care of it you will be happy in the long run and not have to spend more money down the road. Just read the customer reviews on home depot or lowes they will reflect what I have said.

Also the little details like the gas line managment and stanless steel drip tray add the the quality factor. The lids are heavy and well built to hold in the heat.

Also if you buy BUILD IT YOURSELF, its quite easy even for the inexperienced and the satisfaction of knowing every bolt is tight and it was built right vs a in store person pre assembling it makes it all worth it.

• 5 weeks later...