Grand prix wheel hub

Johny Utah

I believe that bearing has the ABS wheel speed sensor built in, that's why it's so costly. if it is that style then there should be 4 bolts that hold it to the knuckle, then the REAL issue is getting the bearing out, since you said its a 2001 I can assure you that its rusted into place, you'll need a heavy slide hammer, penetrating oil and possible torches to pull it, BUT you might get lucky and it'll slide right out with no problems.

I just called Advanced they are 140.00 but there are two versions and you have to take it off to see if it is a metal clip or a plastic clip. The dealership is charging 390.00 for the hub and 2 hours of labor to put it on. Is the oem hub the dealership has better then what advance has though?

Get a Timken or AcDelco, don't waste your time with the cheap shit at Advanced or Autozone. Trust me the wheel bearings may not last long to begin with, but you'll typically get more life out those two brands.

Install usually isn't horrible on those cars, even rusted they can be removed without excessive beating. The price is even a little high for a dealership, the hub is likely almost $400 (dealership price, cheaper elsewhere) and labor should only be about 1.2 hours, putting you around $550. It can be done cheaper obviously.

• 5 weeks later...
Get a Timken or AcDelco, don't waste your time with the cheap shit at Advanced or Autozone. Trust me the wheel bearings may not last long to begin with, but you'll typically get more life out those two brands

This. I see these come back on warranty all the time. They last 4-6 months at best with normal driving usage.

Just saw you got it fixed lol. Hopeful you went ACDelco.