1977 KZ650 project

-Alex-

Alex McWilliams

Wellston, Ohio

740-577-1O2O text preferred

This is a project I bought about a year ago from a buddy with the plans of using it as a winter project more or less. Now, the Dart will cover that need and the KZ is just in the way really. It's a solid bike, my buddy rode it for a year or so then disassembled it with the intentions of restoring it, then bought a new bike and lost interest. Everything should be there to reassemble the bike, I have another 2 full boxes of parts besides what is seen in the pics. It's a '76 build date, which is supposed to be fairly rare as it's a first year bike. It was a cafe style bike when disassembled, but the only real modification from stock is a couple inches were taken out of the rear of the frame. Clear title in hand, ready to go. My buddy put a lot of new parts on it within a couple months of him taking it apart, such as coils, plugs, handlebars and grips, clutch cable, etc.. I have a brand new rear tire and chrome drag bars that will be included as well.

Here is what it looked like when it was stripped down.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/41139A6D-87A4-4256-9D9E-BA8AFAB2A474-121-0000002D890861D8_zps5ceebeb8.jpg

I used the seat and exhaust for my other KZ, so this one has a mint original black seat and the factory dual exhaust with it to keep it complete. Here is its current state in my garage.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/E4AFC19E-9CD4-4784-9F92-8AA21D0625E2-3601-00000569A48AA34E_zps039fafc8.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/48CF990C-2B64-417D-82BC-FF683D95984E-3601-00000569B312D0F5_zps65bd855e.jpg

Looking for $300 and am welcome to trades. Honestly I'll consider anything of similar value, just to open up some space in the garage. It could be parted out easily for a lot more if the buyer only wanted certain parts. The motor and frame with a clear title is worth my asking price, and KZ restoration guys pay good money for things such as the exhaust.

Just about anything of similar value that wouldn't take up as much space in the garage, other than a compressor or maybe a nice shelf setup that'd actually get some use. I think I'm pretty well covered when it comes to electronics. I'm just needing to do some rearranging in the garage to give me some more space and currently the KZ is right where the driver door of my Dart is.

First pic is how it looked when my buddy had it, bottom pics are how it currently sits in my garage. First pic is just for reference to show what kind of condition it was/is in as a whole.

Again, for anyone who may have missed it in the description, I used the Vance & Hines exhaust and brown seat for my other KZ, so this will include the original black seat and dual exhaust from that bike (shown in the bottom pics).