WTB: 220V MIG welder

zeitgeist57

I've got a few house/automotive projects racking up....enough that it's justifying the investment in at least a decent used welder. Garage has 220V so that's what I'm shooting for. Please let me know what you have; if you don't know me, I'm trying to keep it cheap.

Open to travel 2-3hrs for a good piece of equipment and the right price. Let me know what your famiry/friends/coworkers have for sale, or what looks decent on CL or another car forum.

Thanks in advance, CR :masturboy:

I plan on making a egress window cover, do some rust repair on a couple of vehicles, and repair an older kids' bicycle. Down the road, nothing more than some automotive fab work...

The main reason to have a 220V is to not run out of welding capacity, in case i try a bigger project down the road. Also, as mentioned, my garage is already pre-wired for 220V for my stand-up air compressor so might as well go bigger...

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming!

I have 220 in my garage as well, but decided to buy a 110 welder so it would be more portable. I picked up a Lincoln Powermig 140C and it has yet to let me down. When a friend needed some welding done on her farm, I just loaded it up in the truck and headed over, plugged in and fixed what needed fixing. Not trying to thread jack, but you'll only be able to weld what you can reach with the cord if you go 220. Hit me up if you want to give mine a try and see if it will work for you.

• 5 weeks later...
I have 220 in my garage as well, but decided to buy a 110 welder so it would be more portable. I picked up a Lincoln Powermig 140C and it has yet to let me down. When a friend needed some welding done on her farm, I just loaded it up in the truck and headed over, plugged in and fixed what needed fixing. Not trying to thread jack, but you'll only be able to weld what you can reach with the cord if you go 220. Hit me up if you want to give mine a try and see if it will work for you.

There are 220v extension cords.

honestly best bet is to do like i done. mine does 110 and 220. it has an adapter plug that you change to fit the outlet. its a millermatic MVP series. its crossed my mind selling it but i would have to make sure i could go out and buy a new one once i get caught back up.

this is what i believe i have though.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/mig/product.php?model=M00245