2001 gtp running rich.

Johny Utah

There are a number of things that can cause a rich code to set. Most common being leaky fuel pressure regulator, failing mass air flow sensor, faulty O2 sensor. Without seeing what the car is doing it is hard to say what for sure.

Good luck! Don't go throwing parts at it..

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

Get the code(s) and report back with them, it will help a lot. Like stated a lot of things can cause a rich code. Did advanced recommend the Denso Iridium? I've always been a fan of throwing in the OE plugs unless something is widely known to work better. No idea what OE would be, just my $.02.

There are a number of things that can cause a rich code to set. Most common being leaky fuel pressure regulator, failing mass air flow sensor, faulty O2 sensor. Without seeing what the car is doing it is hard to say what for sure.

Good luck! Don't go throwing parts at it..

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

This is the truth.

I'm going to guess you put some cheaped-out home built intake, or a ragged out 10 year old intake that's been off an engine 5996578568754 times while the previous owners tried to learn to make horsepower, and probably removed the MAF screen. Right? If so, this is likely the culprit as it's not flowing air well over the MAF and/or leaking like a siv.

Could be the plugs too if they're not gapped properly and aren't the proper temperature. What did you gap the plugs to, and how did you gap them? What model plug? Going to guess with "didn't gap them, just put them on" and "I don't remember what plugs they are, just Denso." Likely problem #2.

Finally, how old is the B1S1 oxygen sensor? Going to guess "I don't know, and what is B1S1?" Likely problem #3.

I will stop again and get the code. No they did not. I used them in a V6 Accord I had and liked the denso. So I wanted them again.

That was a Honda. This is a Pontiac. I had AC Delco's in my LS1 Trans Am and liked them, but I don't run them in my Supra. Google search a bit and see what people run with your mods. Also google the code and your vehicle and avoid flaming on here.

Good to see the FPR fixed it. The denso iridium plugs aren't bad plugs.. They look similar to the OE replacements from ACDelco (which are iridium) and may be who makes the ACDelco spark plugs. Edited by chavo360