Who will internally patch a small screw hole in the shoulder of a tire?

Guest GMoney

Ideas? The hole is so small that I don't want to open it up further to plug it from the outside. I have already ordered new wheels and tires but with my luck they wont be here till next week. I just need it to hold for week.

Thanks

Drill it out and put a plug in it. It will last, you have to make it bigger to fix it most if the time even though you said you don't want to make it any bigger

The angle it's at isn't very conducive to external patch it runs the long ways in the side wall. I feel like if I external plug it's gonna put a bubble in the side wall.

Father in law patched one with just a regular plug 4 years ago and drives the freeway from Pataskala to campus everyday weekday. Has one in the shoulder on one and smackdab in the middle sidewall of another.

I have patched sidewalks for other people for years without a single issue. I always plugged them from the inside though. I just don't have access to tire machine anymore.

i would prefer a plug over an attempted patch in that case.. being in the shoulder of the tire, the conern becomes it coming loose as the tire shifts in turns.

that being said i've been 150+ in the mach1 with a plug in the shoulder and it held like a champ for over a year until the tires were bald

the whole reason companies got away from plugs were because you had dumbasses plugging tires with internal sidewall damage from the tire "running flat". Then the tire would blow out and the company was liable. a patch from the inside obviously forces you to remove the tire and then in turn inspect for said damage before making a repair.