Used handheld diesel tuners?

ls1plus

Has anyone had any luck buying a used handheld diesel tuner?

I uploaded the stock tune into a diablosport tuner and sold it a few years ago and the guy said it was locked to my vin which which means i was out shipping. Is that how they all work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Why gamble with this? I know everyone wants to save some money but if the unit happens to brick the ECM (I've got first hand experience with it) you will more than likely be out a lot more $$$.

Ive sold SCT, Diablo, and Superchips and I had 2 of them personally lock up and know someone that has had the other lock up in the middle of a flash.

I've always had luck returning the vehicle to stock and using it on another vehicle, but have seen plenty that don't work after doing this. I wouldn't mind buying one local so I could make sure it workedand then paid for a used one. Otherwise just buy a new one.

Personally after getting away handheld junk and using EFILive and HPTuners, I would never buy any heldheld bullshit again. Find an applicable program and learn to use it, you'll thank me, it's money well spent. Tuning deisels is pretty easy anyway.