Someone here work at microcenter?

Vulcan900

I knew there used to be someone that did, just checking to see if they still do.

I need a laptop for a grandma. It doesn't have to be super, it just has to be reliable.

She has a few hundred dollars to spend(350ish) , and I was hoping I could get some insight on what laptops are better than the others beyond the normal process/harddrive/ram numbers.

Thanks for any help.

I knew there used to be someone that did, just checking to see if they still do.

I need a laptop for a grandma. It doesn't have to be super, it just has to be reliable.

She has a few hundred dollars to spend(350ish) , and I was hoping I could get some insight on what laptops are better than the others beyond the normal process/harddrive/ram numbers.

Thanks for any help.

If she is just surfing the web, buy the cheapest laptop they have. Toshiba, Acer, Asus usually have the cheapest laptops out there, but they are all very reliable.

Acer is a good brand.

Personally, i'm not a fan of Toshiba or HP. HP loves bloatware and toshiba has QC issues.

Oh, and i believe you were thinking about unfunnyryan, who no longer works there.

Edited by jeffro

Thanks guys^^^

In that range, and if she would prefer Windows 7 (as most of the older crowd tend to prefer). I would go for something like this...

http://www.microcenter.com/product/411420/Latitude_E6410_Windows_7_Professional_141_Laptop_Computer_Refurbished_-_Black

Keep in mind the HDD is small, and it's running a 32 bit OS. Bang for the buck it's not bad.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need some help. Just in-case your worried, I'm not on commission.

I have a Samsung chromebook. If she will just be using it online and for email, I would highly recommend it. So simple. Nothing to install or update. $249 at best buy. I am an engineer and a something of a techie, and this has become my goto computer for almost everything. No good though if she need Microsoft anything.

Matt do you sell systems? I spend $1,000's there on a regular basis for our company but I ALWAYS use Terrell Steven's, he's my guy down there but always nice to have a backup that doesn't try and sell me shit just give me what I need and ask for.

Sorry for the hijack.

Matt do you sell systems? I spend $1,000's there on a regular basis for our company but I ALWAYS use Terrell Steven's, he's my guy down there but always nice to have a backup that doesn't try and sell me shit just give me what I need and ask for.

Sorry for the hijack.

I send many people Terrell's way as well, when I can't help. I would venture to guess you have a few cards with my name on it. :lolguy:

Matt I might have a few of yours but i have enough for a good 5hr bonfire of Tom's lol

Yea, we hear that quite a bit from our regulars. Feel free to reach out if you need anything and can't get ahold of Terrell. The chances of us both being off on the same day are incredibly slim.