The new toy

BIGGU

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

interesting...need to be 25 years old to do that? I'd like to do that with my FD.

Your insurance company may or may not be the same but I believe as long as it qualifys for historical plates you can do it. Now in my case they did question the car but in the end no issues.

Clay I wanted historical plates but they told me weekends only and must be going to a club event. I said nope no thanks I want to actually drive the car.

Yes, you need to sign the affidavit that the vehicle would only be used for parades, car shows, and club events...

But I've spoken to UA and City of Columbus cops and they tell you the same thing: They can't enforce a historical tag violation! It could be a snowy Saturday morning, and technically Cars and Coffee is a "club event". I drive Cleetus all over UA - sometimes with yard debris in the bed - and I could say I'm going to a Ford Truck meeting at Panera for coffee.

Yes, you need to sign the affidavit that the vehicle would only be used for parades, car shows, and club events...

But I've spoken to UA and City of Columbus cops and they tell you the same thing: They can't enforce a historical tag violation! It could be a snowy Saturday morning, and technically Cars and Coffee is a "club event". I drive Cleetus all over UA - sometimes with yard debris in the bed - and I could say I'm going to a Ford Truck meeting at Panera for coffee.

Exactly; my dad runs his TR8 all the time when he's just driving around town or out for some spirited driving, supposed to have a mileage restriction too with our insurance, but they haven't enforced it in the past 6 years.