Clean Diesel Racing Engines

wagner

Since I did a couple of stories on coal rolling drag strip monsters I became more interested in diesel related stuff. If I had the money I would daily a diesel truck or maybe even *gasp* a VW...

With all this new stuff coming to market it really might be the way to go.

http://www.dieselarmy.com/news/new-products/clean-diesel-technology-mazdas-skyactiv-d-race-engine/

Can't beat a TDI 6mt daily.

You can if you have a DSG.

Our VW TDI is excellent. If I could change one thing, it'd be the pushbutton start - but the motor and trans combo is outstanding.

There are no awd, manual TDi's in the US..

Which is shit, all we really want is a diesel quattro wagon. The fuck.

So what are the chances that the A3 sedan diesel will be available in quattro?

This is all i've seen so far:

The A3 sedan will offer versatile powertrains for a wide variety of entry-luxury customer tastes, including a 1.8 TFSI®, 2.0 TFSI®, 2.0 TDI® clean diesel, and a high-output 2.0 TFSI® offered in the S3. For superior traction and handling the A3 will also offer the legendary Audi quattro® all-wheel drive which distributes power to the wheels that need it most.

0.00%

yep, it's just a pretty golf.

Is it terrible? We opted not to get the Nav/Kessy package because RCD-510 > nav.

i'm not used to it and switch cars frequently, so sometimes i stab it with the key. derp. kessy rocks though, especially w/ armful of shit. we got a 2012 dealer showoff loaded type. still <7000 miles, ~35mpg life of car to date. three chunky-ass vw/audi keys on your keychain does suck though.

10% economy hit

wat

2.0L, 140 hp, TDI® Clean Diesel engine, 6-speed manual transmission 30/42 mpg

2.0L, 140 hp, TDI® Clean Diesel engine, 6-speed DSG® automatic with Tiptronic® and Sport mode 30/42 mpg