2000 dakota surging

wnaplay1647545503

2000 dakota quad cab. At freeway speed when accelerating the truck surges almost violently . You can get it do it almost everytime by giving ot gas to build up speed. You can kind of make it go away by just feathering the pedal and staying consistant but even on cruise it does it. Does it when accelerating quickly from a stop as well. Almost always when giving it alot of pedal.

Update, truck came from pataskala to my house in reynoldsburg then to campus. Truck had this issue the whole way there, we parked for 20 mins and did not do it one time on the way home.

Edited by wnaplay

yeah dude, I just had the exact same thing on my 03 dakota 4.7L a couple weeks ago. cruising at highway speeds it would go through fits where it felt like it had downshifted and picked up 300 rpm, then settle down. Researched and then replaced TPS. Problem was resolved.

Good news is replacement TPS is only like $36 and it's only two screws to remove and replace it.