Otis Nice

From a grateful American to all who have served. Some names I know personally:

CMSgt William Nelson, USAF EOD (RIP)

Sgt Harold Nelson, Army (RIP)

LCpl Adam Peak, USMC Mortarman (RIP)

Sgt Drew Hudson, USMC Mortarman

LCpl Peter Laux, USMC Machine Gunner

SSgt Jimmy Laux, USN Corpsman (Retired)

Ssgt Theresa Laux, USN Corpsman (Retired)

Sgt Amy Rawlins, Army MP (Retired)

Sgt Andy Wilson, Army Airborne

Sgt Andrew Otero, Army Green Beret (Retired)

Spc Brad Otero, Army Airborne

Chris Beatty, USN Seabee (Retired)

Chris Beatty Jr., USN Seabee

Morgan Rutherford, USAF

...and I know a few on here are serving/have served. Thank you to each and every one of you. God bless you all.

You know a few Seabees I see, small group of guys. I was a steelworker in the Seabees for 4 years. Happy Veterans Day! Thanks to all who have served and are currently serving!

Indeed I do. When I dropped my first 100 lbs it was to enlist as a USN EOD or Seabee. Life/Christ (I know some don't believe, and that's ok) had a different path in mind than I did. :)

This isn't about me though, it's about all of the brave men and women who give all so that we might have freedom.

My Grandpa saved a submarine full of soldiers and got a silver star for it. I remember the story as it was told and the command given that was a catalyst for the action that saved the ship "Right full rudder, all ahead flank". I am proud of him for his actions and I believe he upholds one of the most important statements I have ever heard in my life.... "To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty."

As it is written in the Ohio Military Hall of Fame:

Stanley Martauz

Navy

SILVER STAR

In the name of the President of the United States, the Commander Submarine Force, United States Pacific Fleet, takes pleasure in presenting the SILVER STAR MEDAL to ENSIGN STANLEY MARTAUZ, UNITED STATES NAVY for service set forth in the following

CITATION:

For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity in action in the performance of his duties in a United States Submarine during a war patrol of that vessel. As Assistant Diving Officer, his careful and precise control of depth were of invaluable assistance to his Commanding Officer in conducting successful attacks which resulted in the sinking of numerous enemy ships and small craft totaling some 16,000 tons. His coolness and high devotion to duty contributed directly to the success of his vessel in evading enemy countermeasures. His conduct throughout was an inspiration to the officers and men in his ship, and in keeping with the highest traditions of the United States Naval Service

1394033_10101984455577144_98259631_n.jpg