I am looking for Employment

Buckeye1647545503

I have been out of work for a little bit but have been going full time to Columbus State for a Electrical Mechanical Engineering degree. My um-employment is running out in December so I am looking.

I have a High mechanical aptitude and am a fairly fast learner as well as from what I am told a higher than average work ethic. I have experience in most sections of the automotive field from mechanical repair to body and paint to sales and Service writing as well as minor trim shop experience. I also spent the last 5 years repairing beverage equipment for BUNN,Caribou coffee, Olive Garden, and Starbucks to name just a few. (Have many certs on different equipment).

I am hoping to find something in the automotive aftermarket or a race team but I am open to any type of maintenance position. I have a full resume I can send to someone with contacts. I am open to travel but want to be home weekends.

If you want to work in North Dakota they are paying green help 20hr with 125 per diem. 60hrs a week. If you end up being worth a fuck you can work your way up to E4 status and make 27hr with the 125pd. If you're smart and get your hours in and take the ND test you can get on my level and get that 38hr 125pd.

If you want to work in North Dakota they are paying green help 20hr with 125 per diem. 60hrs a week. If you end up being worth a fuck you can work your way up to E4 status and make 27hr with the 125pd. If you're smart and get your hours in and take the ND test you can get on my level and get that 38hr 125pd.

A paltry 27$ an hour to live in North Dakota. Yikes

A paltry 27$ an hour to live in North Dakota. Yikes

Hmm...I'm not sure 'paltry' is the correct term.

$27 hr X 60hr work week X 52 weeks per year = $84,240.00

$125 per diem X 260 work days (give or take a few depending on the year) = $32,500.00

$84,240 + $32,500 = $116,740.00. Obviously this doesn't take into account you missing any work for vacations or holidays but, $116k per year for manual labor is nothing to sneeze at. This also doesn't take any overtime or bonus into account. Not bad money by any means.

Not to mention ND may suck...but it is MUCH closer to world class hiking, camping, skiing etc.

-Marc

Hmm...I'm not sure 'paltry' is the correct term.

$27 hr X 60hr work week X 52 weeks per year = $84,240.00

$125 per diem X 260 work days (give or take a few depending on the year) = $32,500.00

$84,240 + $32,500 = $116,740.00. Obviously this doesn't take into account you missing any work for vacations or holidays but, $116k per year for manual labor is nothing to sneeze at. This also doesn't take any overtime or bonus into account. Not bad money by any means.

Not to mention ND may suck...but it is MUCH closer to world class hiking, camping, skiing etc.

-Marc

This. Would take up this offer in a heartbeat if I was single.

Wouldn't be hard at all to crack $100k+ per year. Downside. Live in cold ass ND.

You could probably pick up a co-op fairly easily at one of the manufacturing plants with your hands on experience.

http://ohio.honda.com/job-opportunities.php

I would second this. It's a great way to earn money and gain experience (build your resume) while still in school.

I'll clear 150k this year and still be home for 2 months. Working 60hrs a week when you're not at home makes sense. Nothing else to do but work and stack paper.

That is take home of around 100k after you figure in tax, insurance, 401k, etc. so roughly $8,333.33 NET per month. Again, this is serious money for manual labor. Being gone and away from your family for 10 months out of the year sucks, but if you're a single guy looking to make a damn good living for awhile this is an awesome opportunity.

That's 60 hours every week, put a ice pick in my head instead.

Sorry you're affraid to work hard?

-Marc

That is take home of around 100k after you figure in tax, insurance, 401k, etc. so roughly $8,333.33 NET per month. Again, this is serious money for manual labor. Being gone and away from your family for 10 months out of the year sucks, but if you're a single guy looking to make a damn good living for awhile this is an awesome opportunity.

-Marc

After taxes working 58hrs a week I bring home 5050 every two weeks. Per diem is untaxed

Chad, I take it from what you've written that this work would be incompatible with National Guard service ... am I correct?

There are a couple guys here that have to go do their weekends or 2 week thing with the NG. They are pretty easy going here considering itsbhard to get good handsbhere to work. Id say 90% ofbguys who show are pieces of shit. We welcome hard working military folk around here.

After taxes working 58hrs a week I bring home 5050 every two weeks. Per diem is untaxed

Do you have health insurance benefits, matched/unmatched 401k, etc? Having multiple dependents helps I'm sure. :)

What exactly do you do for this company?

Per diem being untaxed is awesome; I forgot about that as it has been many years since I have received one :(.

Thanks,

Marc

-Marc

All I was trying to say is that is alot for someone to give up for 27$ an hour, Move away from family, friends, etc. Which is mid 50s before tax. I made that comment based on a 40 hour work week. I would never want to work over 40 hours a week for someone else, If I owned the business I would have no problem doing whatever it takes. But I wouldn't slave away 60 hours a week for a company I work for. Life is too short, you cannot buy time

Do you have health insurance benefits, matched/unmatched 401k, etc? Having multiple dependents helps I'm sure. :)

What exactly do you do for this company?

Per diem being untaxed is awesome; I forgot about that as it has been many years since I have received one :(.

Thanks,

Marc

My health insurance is covered by my wife and she also puts 30% of her pay into 401k thats matched at 6% I believe. I claim only myself throughout the year.

Iwork as an Industrial Electrician in the oil fields up here. My best friend runs the jobs Im on so I usually end up as a lead.