KoolRayz $15,000 Grudge Race

wagner

It's not as dramatic at this angle but the s2000went straight for the tree and had to get out of it and was out of the groove too. I agree with all the oil downs the track wasn't as good as it could of been during qualifying but neither car had a clean pass definitely driver skill and a little luck were bigger factors than sheer horsepower alone.

In that video you can't see Ray run him down as much as this video:

Let's clear things up. This was a HEADS UP RACE. No car lengths were spotted. They both spun. The $15k was to "amp up the crowd"

You spoiled the fun :gabe:

I guess I should have been 100% more clear and made the mcsteak that people would know this was a heads up race :lolguy:

Interesting to hear the track was shit considering all the records that were broken along with everyone I know who races and was at the event, going out there and getting their personal best...

Both cars move out and both have huge balls to put up 15k

Depending on when you ran, tires you were on, and power getting put down made the difference. When I was up on the line reading the track it looked like trails, bald spots and no tack. The index cars oiled down the track constantly.

Overall I would say the track was extremely inconsistent and it really was luck if you got good prep, especially if you were on radials.

It's not the "equivalent" of 3 cars and the hit if you can't hook.

You just lost a race, because, you couldn't hook. Shit happens. If you lose because you couldn't hook, you lost. That's like racing someone from a light and going back later and saying he only won because he had 3 cars and the hit, when you just spun your ass off and gave it to him.

So glad this was said. Thread should be titled "hurt feelings inside"

• 3 weeks later...
You compared mir to ntr??? If the track wasn't good why were there two record passes right after Carey's run?

The track was not consistent at all, period. Did you see Carey and Ray on that pass? Neither could get down the track and we were the last pair. Do you know what they had to do? Re-prep again because it was garbage.

If you ran right after the preped or were one of the first few pairs the track was not bad.

But what do I know, I was there....

What track is consistent when it goes from 40 degrees in the morning to 65 degrees during the day and back down to 40 degrees with the sun down? Case in point both cars were on the same track and nobody got "the hit" Carey's car was just tuned for the track conditions better.

What track is consistent when it goes from 40 degrees in the morning to 65 degrees during the day and back down to 40 degrees with the sun down? Case in point both cars were on the same track and nobody got "the hit" Carey's car was just tuned for the track conditions better.

The "hit" comment was a joke that nobody got :lolguy:

The track prep was not consistent and the main issue. The temp changes are not nearly as big an issue as the fact when there was zero grip on that track at any given time.

For the race against Carey neither lane was worth a shit. Myself, Patrick, and Carey's crew guy were laughing about it before the pass trying to figure out who had "lane choice".