Xbox one questions

IVRINGS

So who bought one and what do you think. Not sure what I'm doing and thinking Xbox, PS4, or just going custom PC for gaming. I know PC gaming will be the best long term, but not know many friends to play with. Plus nephews both play Xbox and is nice to play with them at times.

Also anyone help get Xbox one let me know also if you have insider stuff.

I somewhat disagree with your PC longevity statement. The 360 came out exactly 8 years ago and I have a feeling I'll be playing mine for at least another year or two before upgrading. If you plan on playing the newest games I don't believe a PC (especially in the next gen console price ranges) will last that long without needing upgrades. I do agree with the fact that it's easier to sit down and play with friends though, which is mainly why I play games on consoles.

As far as picking which one of the consoles, this is the best video out there:

I would personally get an Xbox One because I'm not that hardcore into gaming. I like the idea of having an all-in-one media center that can flip between all my inputs, as well as mess around with gaming with friends. However, I cannot stand the fact I have to find room to fit some dumbass kinect camera on my wall.

only negative thing I can think of is 720p on some games? Not sure if it's everything or just certain games, the PS4 is 1080p on games.

PS4 is for gaming, Xbox One is a multi-entertainment system aka PS3. Xbox One you have to pay for Xbox live in order to do anything via internet(Netflix, web browsing etc..) PS4 you have to subscribe to PS plus to play online games only, Neflix, VUDU, web browsing is all free also not all games are pay to play online with the PS4, PS4 is NOT backwards compatible with PS3 games or game saves. I bought COD Ghost for the PS3 and then bought a copy for the PS4 the campaign saved data did not transfer over but the online stuff did.

only negative thing I can think of is 720p on some games? Not sure if it's everything or just certain games, the PS4 is 1080p on games.

PS4 had to lower the res for at least one game (Battlefield 4) themselves. Assassin's Creed 4 was lowered initially but had a patch to up it back to 1080p when they figured it out. Once developers get more familiar with the hardware both systems will be churning out nothing but 1080p games. I believe Forza 5 was the only game developed from day one as an Xbox One title and nothing else (games like Ryse and Dead Rising 3, while Xbox One exclusives, were originally planned as Xbox 360 titles) and it runs beautifully at 1080p 60fps.

Haven't watched Boogie's video yet but looking at the comments/description I tend to agree with it. If all you're into is games and especially single player games, then get a PS4 and enjoy. If you like games, especially multiplayer ones, and lots of entertainment features in one then get the One.

I don't have a great setup for my console and Kinect right now to fully take advantage of everything but the little bit I messed with it when I did have it set up more for the entertainment aspect was pretty cool.

My coworker's got a PS4 and his nephew has XB1.

Bottom line; I don't think you can go wrong with either. Just compare the features with how you tend to use entertainment devices and see which aligns better with your needs/wants.

The console gaming experience has gotten to the point where they're almost identical.

I've always enjoyed PS interface/experience more, but I have an X360 that I rarely use...just for Forza4.

I agree that you really can't go wrong with either. Although for me personally, I don't have cable and cant take advantage of the Xbox's extra features, so I bought a PS4.

have you used the PS4's voice activation features? it also has facial recognition too but you need the accessory camera use that.

have you used the PS4's voice activation features? it also has facial recognition too but you need the accessory camera use that.

Havent even unpacked the mono earbud yet, but i have used the audio out through the controller (which is awesome, btw).

There is also the typing with the gyroscope, which works amazingly well.

Havent even unpacked the mono earbud yet, but i have used the audio out through the controller (which is awesome, btw).

There is also the typing with the gyroscope, which works amazingly well.

audio out in the controller?

I unboxed mine plugged it in and started playing COD ghost, everything else is still in the box unopened. I found about the voice controls and other stuff by going the system setup. BTW is there a way to change the background?

audio out in the controller?

I unboxed mine plugged it in and started playing COD ghost, everything else is still in the box unopened. I found about the voice controls and other stuff by going the system setup. BTW is there a way to change the background?

You can plug regular headphones into the controller, then in the settings you can set the audio come out of the controller's headphone jack. Don't know about the background, honestly.

Well I have a 360 and really have liked it over the years. I always buy those crazy deals on live when I see them so the Live payment isn't a big deal to me.

I do have a Tuttle headset that is wired and I think this will still work well if like you said the headphone jack is still on the controller. Can anyone say for sure? I use the TVs USB for power and have audio out on the TV and get the headset voice input on controller.

My Xbox One has a problem, and I'm in the process of returning/replacing it.

The wireless controller won't stay connected. Every 10-15 minutes it disconnects, and up pops a huge "reconnect controller" message before it reconnects on its own after 10-20 seconds. Changed batteries, turned off devices that might have been causing interference, still same issue...

Microsoft wanted me to mail the controller back to them (on my dime) and then send me a replacement after they received it. I said screw that and contacted Amazon, where I bought it. They sent me a new controller same day, and just asked me to return the bad one. Fast forward to today, the new controller arrived - same issue. Controller disconnected 3 or 4 times in 20 minutes. After speaking to Microsoft tech support, it sounds like the console is obviously the issue, rather than two bad controllers in a row.

Contacted Amazon just now, and I've got shipping labels to return everything. The replacement xbox will be here friday.

GOOD TIMES :thumbup:

My Xbox One has a problem, and I'm in the process of returning/replacing it.

The wireless controller won't stay connected. Every 10-15 minutes it disconnects, and up pops a huge "reconnect controller" message before it reconnects on its own after 10-20 seconds. Changed batteries, turned off devices that might have been causing interference, still same issue...

Microsoft wanted me to mail the controller back to them (on my dime) and then send me a replacement after they received it. I said screw that and contacted Amazon, where I bought it. They sent me a new controller same day, and just asked me to return the bad one. Fast forward to today, the new controller arrived - same issue. Controller disconnected 3 or 4 times in 20 minutes. After speaking to Microsoft tech support, it sounds like the console is obviously the issue, rather than two bad controllers in a row.

Contacted Amazon just now, and I've got shipping labels to return everything. The replacement xbox will be here friday.

GOOD TIMES :thumbup:

damn that sucks, but at least the place you bought it is taking care of you, keep us posted