Christmas trees!

mrs.cos

From my crawl space.

From my basement

From my closet .

From my crawl space that's in my basement that's like a closet.

:gabe:

Just got a great deal on a new fake one at menards today. So the old one one will go up stairs and the new one down sweet!

We usually have a composite tree, but since my step sister & her husband are in the country for the first time, I decided to get a fresh-cut, 8' Frasier Fir from a local Home Depot. I was rather surprised that it wasn't expensive. I borrowed a pickup truck and hauled it a short distance home.

The tree is lit with four strings of new LED lights (old ones got too many bulbs burned out) and since it's much larger than the composite, it's decorated with nearly all the decorations we have. The limbs and branches are much more flexible, so some heavier decorations were placed closer to the trunk or skipped.

So far the tree needs watered and the needles vacuumed daily which are no big deal to me. It gives the room a pleasantly woody and piney scent. The skunk was curious at first and investigated it, but after a few feeble attempts, the tree was deemed safe and left alone.