CR Snowboard / Ski club?

99StockGT

Was reading through the snow playing thread brought to mind to ask who all on here hits the slopes? With my schedule I don't get out as much as I'de like but there will be several opportunities for me to get out this year (I hope).

Typically I'm at Snowtrails/Mad River at least once a week in the evening sometimes on the weekends..

Well sounds like everyone here is a Mad River fan, can definitely make that treck! My shop is on 23 in Powell but I can get to either MR or Snowtrails pretty easily. Most often I keep my board and gear in my truck so an evening trip is pretty simply done after work.

Headed there as soon as I get ready. Hope to be there by 9:30~10. Will be there until around 3. Ask anyone on the patrol for me and they should be able to radio for me.

Did you end up going? I was going to go Saturday afternoon but the shit turned to rain and i wasnt feeling like riding in the rain. How was the snow?

I've got from now till 1900 on wednesday off so im kicking around going up and back to snowshoe WV tmr. They're supposed to get a few inches between now and then. planning on leaving early & getting back not too late (the runs close at 4-5ish). Anyone interested?

So sad, got a half day today and off all day Sunday and what do I get? Mid 50s and raining all weekend :( Board tuned up waxed ready to go, snow gear cleaned and not smelling like funk, ice cold 4 Lokos ready for the journey and no where to go...put off the fun for another week I guess.

I was just there earlier this week... holiday pricing has started and only 1/3 the lifts are open. 7 springs has only 800ft of gain where snowshoe has 1600ft, is maybe an hour further drive is equal cost with a much better experience. The only reason I did 7 springs this week was 1. Time constraints 2. They got 3" while I was there.

If both were fully open and both were forecasted to get the same amount of snow i'd do snowshoe all day erry day.

Other places "worth a drive" could be perfect north and holiday valley.