CF wrap, tacky or cool?

Draco-REX

So I was looking at some dress up parts for the S5. There's some nice stuff out there, but there's nothing that I feel looks complete. So I was thinking of wrapping certain pieces in a carbon fiber look. But I'm worried it'll come across as just faking it. What's the consensus on cf wraps?

The parts I'm planning are:

Center front "splitter"

Rear "diffuser"

Side "rock guards" along rocker panels

Trunk spoiler (likely Charactere)

While there are real CF versions of these parts, not all are available. And mixing real cf and cf wrap would just look bad I think.

If you're gonna try it, use 3M Di-noc.

I have a roll of some Oracal carbon-look product, and it's actually a metallized film - so you can't stretch/shrink it.

This is what I used on my bike. It looked sick. I had it on the tank and faring. People would compliment it every time I had it out. For what you want to do, I wouldn't hesitate.

But haters are how you can tell you're doing something right. :gabe:

The year after I did my tank on the bike in CF, the following year the manufactur came out with the tanks wrapped and it got good reviews. It's not for everyone. I think it would go over well once on.

The purpose of CF is to add lightness (to quote Chapman) and simply giving the illusion you've done so is, IMO, the same as putting an cobra badge on the front of a V6 Mustang because you like the cobra logo more than the pony logo.

That said, I agree that you do what the fuck you want because it's your car and haters be damned.

The purpose of CF is to add lightness (to quote Chapman) and simply giving the illusion you've done so is, IMO, the same as putting an cobra badge on the front of a V6 Mustang because you like the cobra logo more than the pony logo.

That said, I agree that you do what the fuck you want because it's your car and haters be damned.

That me be the major reason for cf, but one could argue that it has a unique look and is a nice "finish".

Bingo, shit is gay if you are doing it simply for the look. Pony up some money and actually get functionality out of carbon fiber pieces instead of being a ricer.