Home Theater Receiver

mrs.cos

Is that theater package really only 185.00 including the sub?

Yeah...go figure. I very skeptical about it but last Christmas I figured what the heck, if I didn't like it, I'd go buy something else and return it. Dayton audio is a cool place. I've visited their showroom on travels. Order it and you'll get it in 1-2 days.

Ironically I just got booted from the game room downstairs because my son and his friends are playing Wii. Upstairs is shaking now. :p

Seriously, it's very well balanced and crossed over well. Anyone looking for typical sub $900 set up should look at this one. I was going to spend upwards of that on this room for the kids and found I saved a bunch of money.

lol you can try and cancel your order. But amazon usually ships super fast so people don't get a chance to cancel it.

wait this ones 7 channels. does that mean more speakers are needed? (also, is onsale at that price on bestbuys site as well)

wait this ones 7 channels. does that mean more speakers are needed? (also, is onsale at that price on bestbuys site as well)

it's 7.1, but you can use it as a 5.1 without a problem. Or even a 3.1, 2.1, 2.0, lol. I think it's a BB ebay only deal. Don't think it's on BB's website.

You all beat me to the Best Buy one. That's actually a good price for what it is. And as others have stated you can run any amount of speakers up to 7.1. I actually use my receiver in 2.1 stereo mode at the moment. You can actually configure most receivers to pass through sound as well to the tv, but that would be a waste. TV speakers are never better than even the cheapest HTIB speakers.

Pavo

• 2 weeks later...
So Nathan caved after two days of no subwoofer ( ours was not powered - the onkyo supported powered subs) and ordered the Dayton's

I set it all up tonight.

In his words. "Holy fuck"

Thanks Tim!!

Ha Ha!! :p

Glad you like it. It goes down as one of the top 10 bang-for-the-buck deals I've ever bought.