Looking for a set of gaming headphones suggestions?

thorne

I am currently in the market for a set of 5.1 headphones to use with my PS4 mostly. My current headphones are only stereo.

Current Headphones:

Sony XB500's for work to drown out the world. I love them

Sennheiser 428's for @ home and casual pc gaming

Previous

Sennheiser HD 280 (Broke replaced with xb500's)

Sony Studio Monitor (Can't recall model#)

turtle beach, astro's & tritton's have been staples for quite some time.

Seems so but which model? Its so hard to tell with just a quick listen. For example I've seen so many people buy bose because they listened to them at the store and were pleased. Then they have them for a bit and realize they suck..

Most of your surround headphones are digital surround anyways. Few actually have multiple drivers. I know Razer doesnt and most of the beaches do not either. When i use to game i could pinpoint anything with X31s.

Thats what im going for is being able to tell if shits behind me or in front.

Turtle Beach makes a gaming set that comes with an optional external amp. If you are willing to be in the $150 - $200 range they are amazing.

Also, if it's more casual, I have buddies who use real nice bluetooth and other wireless ones for pc gaming and love not being tangled up around the chair etc.

I'm reading about the mixamps now. Doing surround via 2 speakers. I need to hear both to decide because I am ok with spending 150 if it means superior performance.

But many times in audio equipment you'll find people who think they are getting something better for there money and in reality they are not.

steelseries siberia v2's, the logitech g35's are what i use currently and are 7.1 and are awesome for the price (come in both wireless and wired)

*edit* didn't notice the PS4 gayness. PS4 is for nerds. :gabe:

Edited by mrhobbz
nerds

steelseries siberia v2's, the logitech g35's are what i use currently and are 7.1 and are awesome for the price (come in both wireless and wired)

*edit* didn't notice the PS4 gayness. PS4 is for nerds. :gabe:

So (for PC) I cannot decide between those 2 sets. The v2's seem better reviewed... but the steelseries elite just came out, which is $200. Not sure if it is worth it over the v2? Any suggestions are welcome.