Anybody brought out of state salvage car to OH?

RC K9

I read the process on the DMV's website about the process on getting a salvage and rebuilt title(s), but I can't find anything on if you bring a vehicle with a salvage title (due to previous theft) from out of state into TX, what that process is. Not looking for guesses here. Looking for anyone with experience on this or who knows the answer/process.

that would be a tx specific question i would think not an ohio question i dont think many here have lived in tx much less ran into this.

it's all a bit confusing, so if you're still not clear about how to title and register a salvage or a rebuilt salvage car, feel free to contact a regional Vehicle Titles and Registration Division office or call the VTR help desk at (888) 368-4689.

That link pertains to salvage cars in TX. The scenario I am proposing is lets say I purchase a vehicle here in tx with a salvage title due to theft years ago. Then in 2yrs I decide to move back to OH and bring the car with me. How would the state of ohio approach that?

That link pertains to salvage cars in TX. The scenario I am proposing is lets say I purchase a vehicle here in tx with a salvage title due to theft years ago. Then in 2yrs I decide to move back to OH and bring the car with me. How would the state of ohio approach that?

As long as you have a salvage title in hand from Texas, it is as simple as an out of state inspection being done at the DMV, or, in the Dayton area some dealerships will do them for a couple of dollars.

The biggest things that they are going to check at the DMV is the federal ID sticker on the driver side door or door jam and the VIN on the dash, there is no Highway Patrol inspection as long as you have a title.

Edited by spectragod

As long as you have a salvage title in hand from Texas, it is as simple as an out of state inspection being done at the DMV, or, in the Dayton area some dealerships will do them for a couple of dollars.

The biggest things that they are going to check at the DMV is the federal ID sticker on the driver side door or door ham and the VIN on the dash, there is no Highway Patrol inspection as long as you have a title.

Thank you for the info. Much obliged.

There are dealerships in Columbus that do that out of state inspections as well. I had one done a few years ago at Germain Ford on Billingsly off Sawmill. It was literally a ten minute thing and they did exactly what spectragod said. Cost like $10.

Pavo