"The Triple Nickle"

justin0469

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/MidWest/OH/OH_10.shtml

Who's been on it? May be better known as Route 555. I've heard some people talking about it lately, "best road to ride in Ohio". It'll probably be awhile before I make it there, the link labels the road as "very challenging" and "not for novices". Opinions?

Best road in ohio to crash on... Lots of great corners with shit all in the road. dirt gravel, tractor mud, horse shit, etc.

Dirt, gravel, tractor mud, horse shit.... that describes any road in Ohio that's not in a city. :rolleyes:

Plus, 555 was repaved last fall. Woot.

I was there several times last year. It's fun if you like slow and technical corners. Personally, I think it's a blast on something like my ducati monster but on something like a super bike I think it's a pain in the butt. Flounder you are right. In the past it was littered with gravel but last year it was very clean. It's just narrow. Now on the other hand. 636 into Marietta which connects to 555 is a mess and that is where I wrecked last year on a big patch of sand. No good!!!! Personally, I'll have my fun at the track this year and if I end up on 555 I'll be putting along. It is a very well known road though, lots of blind, 15mph turns and everything else, keeps you on your toes for about 20 miles.

It's ok after you've seen where the bad spots are. Not just goop on the road, but some pavement torn up in places, and areas where the trees and drop offs are a bit close to the road for hitting it hard. There is indeed at least one spot you really should crawl through and pick your way carefully. And yes, the part North of 78 is narrow roadway in some places. South of 78 it's really nice all the way to the river (or was that way last year).

I'll ride it anytime, I ran it a lot last year.

edit: the people that have been down 555 so far this year, said it was still messy with sand, salt, gravel. I don't know when it will be considered a reasonably clean road yet.

Edited by ReconRat

My in-laws live in Zanesville and I've riddden this road a thousand times. It's busted up most of the time - have yet to ride it since repaving. Did they pave the whole thing or just sections?

For what it's worth, I was down in Hocking 2 weeks ago on 93, 278, and 78, and they were all perfectly clear save for a spot or two right by a gravel driveway. The only time I ran in to any amount of gravel worth mentioning that wasn't obviously from someone's driveway was on Ilesboro Road, which is a short little segment that I like to ride just off of 93, but even then the gravel was in plain sight and easy to avoid.

That link says the road is really nice....:???: Someone go ride it and let me know if you make it out...

The road is a fricken blast. I've road it a couple times from top to bottom and have never

had any problems with gravel in the turns when I road it.

It is quite an exiciting road and can be extremely dangerous if you get easily carried away.

I suggest riding it a couple times slowly just to feel it out. Also I'd wait until later in the season to hit it,

the roads in general around Ohio are still pretty crappy from the winter.