Does this animal exist?

hpfiend

There is an article in Motor Trend this month pointing out how GM was great at creating "number maker" cars - high gs, fast lap times, etc - but didn't feel "fun". They say that GM knocked it out of the park with the C7, ATS, and CTS. I don't think it will meet all of your targets but maybe look at a new Chevy SS?

Do they have that article on the MotorTrend website? Id really like to read it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have fun in the RSX because maybe you were less scared of trashing it? Less power, less cost = less cares? If so..

EDIT: Beat to it so chiming in on the above: Ford Focus ST thoughts.

High on the fun quotient but you don't worry in it because it cant overpower you nad if you bang it up, its just a Focus.

Regarding the Focus ST, from all the magazine articles it sounds as if the Fiesta ST would be a better choice and more along the lines of what he's looking for, minus the V8 sound.

I drove the Fiesta and it just wasn't the same feeling. I bought the Focus ST because it's a much more performance oriented car than the Abarth, my 2nd choice. Having driven the Fiesta ST now, I'd take the Abarth over it. Just doesn't give me goosebumps like the Focus does.

I drove the Fiesta and it just wasn't the same feeling. I bought the Focus ST because it's a much more performance oriented car than the Abarth, my 2nd choice. Having driven the Fiesta ST now, I'd take the Abarth over it. Just doesn't give me goosebumps like the Focus does.

Abarth 500's sound awesome.

My coworker bought a Focus ST a few months ago because there was no SRT Dart and so far he loves it. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet though.

i always help my sis when it comes time for her to get a new car. she leases a new car every 39 months. she is up in april. she has a fusion sport now. i love that car. test drove the focus and fiesta st. i actually think the fiesta felt like it had more leg. i like the feel of the manual in the fiesta better. overall though, i like the focus better. but damn the price. 413 a month lease for a nicely optioned one?? c'mon! there is alot to offer out there in that price range!

My coworker bought a Focus ST a few months ago because there was no SRT Dart and so far he loves it. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet though.

He and I both. I would've much preferred an SRT Dart as I like UConnect more than MFT, but MFT has actually been good to me and the Focus is everything I wanted in a car.

I still want Subaru to make that shooting brake BRZ concept, I would abandon the Focus ship instantly for that thing.

Thought of a focus st. Then thought of getting goosebumps while driving a focus st. Then legit lol'd to the point of almost puking at the thought of this 6'5 almost 300lb guy driving around making turns soo hard in the focus st that it gave him goosebumps. Made this post. Now exiting thread.

FOCUS ST = GOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOSEBUMPS

Thought of a focus st. Then thought of getting goosebumps while driving a focus st. Then legit lol'd to the point of almost puking at the thought of this 6'5 almost 300lb guy driving around making turns soo hard in the focus st that it gave him goosebumps. Made this post. Now exiting thread.

FOCUS ST = GOOOOOOOOOOOSEBUMPS

Did I really look 6'5" from down there :gabe:? I'm only 6'3".

State Route 56 has turns that'd give you goosebumps in a '85 Grand Am.

Thanks for all of the great replies!!! You have about nailed it- i am glad others feel the same way I do about the Rsx-s and also thought the s2000 would be all that I dreamed of.

A lot could be tire size... Does a new 911 turbo feel nimble as I would guess they have massive tires all around these days...what would an Indy car feel like?

Did you have fun in the RSX because maybe you were less scared of trashing it? Less power, less cost = less cares?

While that should calculate into it for some reason that isn't it for me- I washed and waxed that Rsx ten fold more than the corvette... I was a lot more attached to the mustang and put a lot more blood sweat and tears into it and I enjoyed it greatly! My wife's RL is more expensive than the Vette and I drive it harder - I must just have a thing for Honda...