School Cancellations WTF LOL

zeitgeist57

We have more/better lawyers and parents that whine more today.

Fixed

But the fact that some schools the students have to go between buildings is a factor. It makes it nearly impossible to keep buildings up to an acceptable temp where the kids and parents won't complain.

Fixed

But the fact that some schools the students have to go between buildings is a factor. It makes it nearly impossible to keep buildings up to an acceptable temp where the kids and parents won't complain.

Better safe then sorry?

KillJoy

Some people would bitch if they won the powerball. Go walk your ass to work if you don't think it's too cold. That's what alot of kids have to do, not everyone lives in Arlington or Dublin and can drive BMWs to school.

So go ahead and walk pussies

My walk from Columbus Commons to my office covers 4 blocks and takes about 10 minutes. This morning, the lashes on my windward eye froze to each other. No doubt it's cold...I just remember days being far worse and still having school.

But again...I'm sure every older generation thinks that in comparison to the youngsters...

I thought that the news said "coldest in 40 years". So if that true, all of your memories don't count.

Not everyone lives in the perfect bubble of UA or Dublin schools.

The perfect bubble of Dublin Schools are keeping kids home too. They've already been home for like 2 1/2 weeks for the holidays. WTF!

Someone needs to get these kids out of here as the wife and I need to days to just chill :p

The millenia kids are definitely coddled VJ's. However, we had cancellations from pipe bursts and other random acts of nature from 0 degree weather when I was in high school. Let the kids have a "snow day". You wouldn't complain.

Wtf, Why is Honda closed? Are their facilities not heated?

Several areas in the Midwest were under level 3 snow emergency, making it illegal to be on the roads for nonessential purposes, so quite a few suppliers were shut down. That's my best guess.

At 9 am my car still reads -12F and we area supposed to hit a high of 2. Lots of schools are going to be shut down tomorrow too.

My kids school was cancelled as well... in GEORGIA! It was 16 degrees and they cancelled. No ice, snow, wind, just cold. They've cancelled school due to thunderstorms once before, so Im not surprised, but come on.

Going to bet it's more than likely because the schools unequipped to bring the the heat in the building up warm enough for kids to be there

Going to bet it's more than likely because the schools unequipped to bring the the heat in the building up warm enough for kids to be there

Maybe, but there was a time in the spring that I took him to school unaware they had cancelled. It was just windy and rainy, nothing out of the norm to me.

I think they just use days that they have allotted, not sure, but being from the north when I lived in the south you don't check the news to see if school is cancelled b/c its cold.