Triple fatal in Delaware co. off of 229

macpyro2

news is saying no speeding or drinking... said ice. I live not too far from there (4 miles off of 229) and I believe the speed limit is 55 where that was at. I haven't left the house today, so I have no idea how the roads are or seen the accident

50 I believe. They had to have been speeding.

Praying for all involved amd families. Definitely some out of control driving to rip car in half. RIP

Exactly what I was thinking, must of been going at a pretty high speed (70+?) to cause that. That car was mangled!

news is saying no speeding or drinking... said ice. I live not too far from there (4 miles off of 229) and I believe the speed limit is 55 where that was at. I haven't left the house today, so I have no idea how the roads are or seen the accident

Clearly the news is wrong. The CR experts above have already made their ruling. There was absolutely speeding, a little drinking, and possibly some meth.

I don't get it. Who and why the fuck wouldn't people wear seatbelts in the year 2014? Really? Shakes head in sadness....

Close friend of my wife's family is a Columbus Police Officer. He refuses to wear a seatbelt. Said he has seem too many situations where people/have dies as a result of wearing them/would have dies had them been wearing them. IMO, to each their own. I am sure there are valid arguments either way. I'mm take my chances with mine on though.

Close friend of my wife's family is a Columbus Police Officer. He refuses to wear a seatbelt. Said he has seem too many situations where people/have dies as a result of wearing them/would have dies had them been wearing them. IMO, to each their own. I am sure there are valid arguments either way. I'mm take my chances with mine on though.

I'll bet statistics show he's gambling on very losing odds. Like you, my car doesn't roll unless everyone is buckled. That or those that refuse walk.

I don't get it. Who and why the fuck wouldn't people wear seatbelts in the year 2014? Really? Shakes head in sadness....

I believe for the same reason why people still don't wear helmets when riding bikes. They are too cool/hip/badass/"jiggy wid it" to be wearing safety devices. I also like the "it's uncomfortable" excuse...I'm pretty sure it's more comfortable than having your brains smeared across the asphalt.

Close friend of my wife's family is a Columbus Police Officer. He refuses to wear a seatbelt.

That's too bad, especially since it's been proven over and over again that it is safer to have your seatbelt on...oh and IT'S THE LAW.

I would think that if and accident is going to be violent enough to kill you the odds of a seatbelt saving your life as opposed to not wearing one is very low.

Its the 40mph accidents that don't kill wear I think its smarter to wear a seatbelt. The seatbelt would save you from broken bones such as a jaw, wrists, knee caps etc. I rather eat an airbag and have a concussion, than have that plus all the broken bones that come with bouncing off the steering wheel and dash.

Clearly the news is wrong. The CR experts above have already made their ruling. There was absolutely speeding, a little drinking, and possibly some meth.

Dude STFU! You sound like a fucking dickhead. Who gives a fuck about what the speed limit is was or could have been. If ice is on the ground even doing the speed limit is speeding.

RIP to the victims.

I'll bet statistics show he's gambling on very losing odds. Like you, my car doesn't roll unless everyone is buckled. That or those that refuse walk.

I agree. I have had the same policy since I was 16. Seat belt or you can walk.

That's too bad, especially since it's been proven over and over again that it is safer to have your seatbelt on...oh and IT'S THE LAW.

Agree.

Dude STFU! You sound like a fucking dickhead.

SCORE!

+1.

Please give me their email so I can ask which party in this incident he thinks was wearing seatbelts

I believe for the same reason why people still don't wear helmets when riding bikes. They are too cool/hip/badass/"jiggy wid it" to be wearing safety devices. I also like the "it's uncomfortable" excuse...I'm pretty sure it's more comfortable than having your brains smeared across the asphalt.

I agree - it could first seem cool but then became more habitual - like smoking. Maybe they picked up not wearing a seat belt as a kid from their retard parents, and never changed the habit. Monkey see monkey do.