1996 Honda Civic Steering noise

Exodus

I have a 96 civic with P/S that is making a horrible creaking sound when I steer and go over bumps. Its extremely noticeable inside and outside of the car. It sounds like its mainly coming from the front right wheel but I can't tell exactly. There is no play in my steering, both of my front wheels are solid in terms of checking for play. I have brand new front lower ball joints, brakes, and wheel bearings. P/S fluid is great.

The sound coming from my car sounds exactly like this:

Right now I'm thinking inner tie rod or rack and pinion? Lmk

Thanks Everyone

Brand new lower ball joints a month ago. Done at Auto Dr of Columbus on Goodale. (John is a great guy)

I had my wife steer while I was outside and It sounds like its coming from the passenger wheel but sounds travels so its a little hard to tell. I would jack it up, but its extremely cold for that. Trying to get it into a shop tomorrow. Worried that i'll be on the highway and my wheel will cave in.

Honestly it could be about anything that moves with the wheel, but since you've replaced some stuff recently I suggested the upper strut mounts because those are easily overlooked. However since you haven't noticed any play in the front end the chance of having something leave you stranded is slim.

Honestly it could be about anything that moves with the wheel, but since you've replaced some stuff recently I suggested the upper strut mounts because those are easily overlooked. However since you haven't noticed any play in the front end the chance of having something leave you stranded is slim.

Thank you, can you recommend any decently priced shops in the downtown grandview area?

Sounds like bearing plates on top of the struts to me, good luck.

I don't want to put my foot in my mouth like I do every time I try to give tech advice on here, but a 96 Civic has double wishbones, so no struts or bearing plates. Could it be a tie rod?

Thank you, can you recommend any decently priced shops in the downtown grandview area?

The Firestone on the corner of Northwest and King has become my go-to shop for things I don't want to deal with myself.

Brand new lower ball joints a month ago. Done at Auto Dr of Columbus on Goodale. (John is a great guy)

big guy with a beard? i live a block away and took an older silverado in for some repairs. wouldn't even give me an estimate. i thought he was kind of a jerk, no customer service.

I don't want to put my foot in my mouth like I do every time I try to give tech advice on here, but a 96 Civic has double wishbones, so no struts or bearing plates. Could it be a tie rod?

You may be right I don't work on many Hondas. If that's the case it would have to be ball joints or a tie rod end. Those are the type of noises you can typically feel in the component when you rest your hand on it while someone turns the wheel.

big guy with a beard? i live a block away and took an older silverado in for some repairs. wouldn't even give me an estimate. i thought he was kind of a jerk, no customer service.

Yeah thats him. We have a history and I know he does good work. But you're right he has no customer service skills. He wont hesitate to insult you. But hes selling all his cars and retiring this year.

Yeah thats him. We have a history and I know he does good work. But you're right he has no customer service skills. He wont hesitate to insult you. But hes selling all his cars and retiring this year.

I can't imagine rent and/or taxes are cheap down there.