Child custody

Johny Utah

I'm just wondering here. How hard would it be to get full custody of a almost 3 year old son from his Mom? What would it take? She is getting difficult to deal with anything.

That depends, do you have easy access to a car with obscured plates and a burlap sack?

Really though, talk to an attorney.

In all honesty, the best practice is to just be rational and kiss ass. With this approach you can just project to her that you are willing to assume the full time parent role and pray that she doesn't want the responsibility.

Otherwise you have to prove she is unfit. It took two DUI's with the minor child in the vehicle before my best friend was able to get it as a man. (Tennesse) In Indiana, my neighbor lost her custody due to not providing stable housing for her children over a two year period. She liked to jump from bed to bed of the flavor of the month and drag her kids with her.

Best of luck man. We get a hard path to walk being men who want to raise the children. There are websites for support. I personally had to deal with my wife using our children to alienate me during our separation. Hard road to walk.

My sister in law was the worst person ever, neglect, drugs, etc. And it was still extremely hard for my brother to get custody. Finally he did and is a great dad, but it was hard none the less. The system, at least in my opinion isn't setup for fathers.

You absolutely will not get full custody in Ohio unless she's committed recent felonies that have endangered the child. However, joint custody will almost always be given if you take her to court, but the default hours are absolute shit and there's still Texas-sized loopholes and shit for her to walk around you with.

The court system is a fucking joke for separate parents. Good luck.

Geeze that is not good news to hear it's so difficult to get. She does not do drugs or have committed any felonies. She is unstable emotionally up and down a lot. Her son that's in first grade has emotional problems as well. And has had a bad past in school already. I just know my son would be in a much more stable home with me.

the key is to get an attorney that is worth it. If possible, speak with retired lawyers or cops that can refer you to a retired prosecuting attorney in child custody disputes that is now working freelance for their own law firm. They will know everyone local including judges, attorneys, and know the ins and outs of local law for what the court has set precedence in the past.

I had to deal with a real fucked up situation and the lawyer has made the difference in this massive shit mess. The key whether or not the mother is providing a safe and nurturing environment with supporting evidence.

Im guessing it will cost 5-10k upfront for the representation that you are possibly requiring.

Very difficult. Agree with everyone else to get an attorney. I've taken care of my son basically by myself since we separated back in 2009. Just recently (a month ago) did I finally get her and a judge to sign papers to make me the residential parent, not even full custody. I never had an attorney and did everything myself with the help from a guy on my hockey team. He is a business lawyer, but put in a lot of favors to a guy who dealt with that within his company.

Almost every judge I've ever met is very hesitant to sign away custody from a mother.

Im guessing it will cost 5-10k upfront for the representation that you are possibly requiring.

Pretty accurate from what I've found. I just couldn't afford that.

You're the father correct? Some things you said make it sound like you're not, but if you are, don't let anyone's negative comments get you down. Fight for your son, I know I would if I had to until the last dime I had.

Yeah it won't be easy. As someone else said, a shared parenting plan is very possible. If you were married at the time of birth, the odds are more in your favor to get something close to 50/50. If you weren't, you'll be stuck with that Wednesday every other weekend bullshit.

Good luck to you.

If child protective services are involved, what they are legally required to do can have a big impact on what direction they do and say and keep in mind they have a big influence in the courts. For example, in the state of Hawaii, the legal actions CPS is suppose to take is for re-unification of the family and I can't make this scenario up. Lets say the step-father is indited for molesting his step child, the mother provides him a home and CPS finds that there are documented concerns of her parenting ability. CPS will honestly want to give the step-father counseling sessions and have the goal to re-introduce him in the home down the road.

Forget a check, you either want to step up and raise your child right (how you want) or leave them in a worse environment reducing potential...

I think you misinterpreted what he was saying- I believe he was suggesting baby mama won't relinquish custody for fear of losing her check from him.