How to deal with a coyote in town.......... Back counter perhaps?

cstmg8

Took this pic this morning in my backyard, we live right off of noe-bixby and broad. If I were down home on the farm in Athens, it would be an easy decision . We have 3 dogs and I definitely do not want them fighting with a coyote.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/04/pa4uvy5y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/04/qe5atu7u.jpg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus some of these responses are hilarious, seriously!

A family friend of mine had the same issue and wasn't able to shoot it due to the neighborhood. He threw some shit at it to scare it and hasn't seen it since. Maybe he was lucky that it was easily spooked.

Maybe an M80 near it? Haha

Take your 3 dogs to your farm in Athens and shoot all 3 of them. That takes care of them fighting with the coyote AND you get to shoot 3x as many animals.

hahaha Holy shit, that cracked me up.

To the OP, as has been suggested, try the simple solution first. Frightening it/driving it off. If it's not finding some good eats at your house and it's being harassed, it's not going to stay. Even if it has a den nearby, it'll likely look elsewhere.

What kind of dogs do you have? Are they large, dominant male animals? Females? If so, any in heat?

Crossbow/ Bow and arrow, pellet gun to annoy it and hope it doesn't come back.

Agree with crossbow. It won't be back after that. Its about mating season for them so if you have one that's comfortable around your place you'll soon have more

Long gun where one shot will nail him. Pop him and stay put in case neighbors are looking out. Give it 45 mins and go remove body.

This my thought that you can get away with squeezing one round off in town.

Long gun where one shot will nail him. Pop him and stay put in case neighbors are looking out. Give it 45 mins and go remove body.

This my thought that you can get away with squeezing one round off in town.

I truly hope this isn't serious.

Assuming this guy isn't a US Marine Sniper, let's say he misses? Then what?

like said before, antifreeze will get it, just make sure that no other animals are around to drink it as well...

have you tried just yelling out the door at it? everyone is talking about M80's or cap guns, but just yelling will typically scare it off.

I truly hope this isn't serious.

Assuming this guy isn't a US Marine Sniper, let's say he misses? Then what?

Well of course it was... however if he missed, the round would hit those bricks or enter the hill you see in the background.