How much of a tool would I be?

copperhead

Not sure I want to spend $80 on a joke though is the problem

Ditto. Would be cool or good for a laugh, but yes, for $80... that's stretching it. But this is one of those things since it has no real function that are worth as much as they're worth to the person wanting it. It's simply a matter of how much want or do not want.

Werd. Never saw the fascination with AR pistols. Pony up the extra $200 + year wait, and build an SBR.

What is wrong with running it as a pistol until you get the stamp...?

I agree, don't build a pistol unless you intend to SBR it. But, run it as a pistol until you get your stamp...

Werd. Never saw the fascination with AR pistols. Pony up the extra $200 + year wait, and build an SBR.

Assuming you are not in Franklin county...they pony up another 600 for a trust, wait another year, have to etch the trustees names into so you can never sell the damn thing, then pay tax stamp 200, wait another year and get the stamp....

otherwise roll it as a pistol.

I also think it's playing with fire with these buffer tube accessories

Assuming you are not in Franklin county...they pony up another 600 for a trust, wait another year, have to etch the trustees names into so you can never sell the damn thing, then pay tax stamp 200, wait another year and get the stamp....

lol, that post is full of fail. Would you like to try again?

lol, that post is full of fail. Would you like to try again?

Whats fail...curious? Went to Blackwing interested in suppressor and a 14" barrel for AR. Was told by one of the shop guys who let me know he was a police officer (not that makes any difference) and kindly let me know that in Franklin a trust is required which will cost me 600 because Franklin is not super NFA friendly (pay the trust to avoid the signature). 300 up front and upon completion the other 300. After that I would have to fill out the ATF paperwork and pay the 200 stamp. For a trust the trustees names are etched into the class 3 part...barrel...suppressor..whatever. Then I can purchase the parts after the wait for both is over. So just curious on what the issue with the post is?

If I am incorrect in any of this post then I will go tomorrow and apply. Feel free to provide me better info as it will be really appreciated. I have looked at ATF.gov and a few other sources all saying generally the same thing about trusts and stamp+a lot of time...

You went to blackwing, that is your first mistake. It's a good place to go shooting, they have a friendly staff but they do have quiet a few idiots working there. LOL.. wow, if they told you that I am lost for words.. please don't go back for anything NFA. They always call NFA items a class 3 part/firearm. There is no such thing as a class 3 item or firearm. Those are called NFA items. Class 3 is a class given to dealers that can own and transfer/deal in NFA items. Blackwing is a class 3 dealer.

There is 3 ways of getting an NFA item. Trust, LLC, or Individual. If you live in franklin county, you want to apply for the NFA item as an individual, you would need a Chief Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) to sign off. It can be the Sheriff of the county you reside in, or a the Chief of Police from the municipality you life in. I live in Franklin County, Sheriff Scott doesn't sign off on NFA items. But I do live in Gahanna and my police Chief will sign off on NFA items.

A second way is through a NFA trust. It isn't really called a NFA trust, but it's just a Trust with wording that deals with NFA items. Which is what blackwing wanted to you to do, you don't need to pay 600 dollars to set up the trust. You can have it set up my any lawyer, but you should use a lawyer that has done it before. Most of them will charge between 250-400 dollars to set it up. If you want to put a 14in barrel on a AR15, which means you want to make a SBR. You don't have to engrave the barrels with the names of the trustees... Really? LOL!!!!! What gets engraved is your lower receiver with the Trust Name. There is more to it and I don't really want to type up a book.

3rd way is a doing it through an LLC, which is the easiest way. You don't have to pay a lawyer and it cost and it is only 125 dollars to set up.

There are plenty of information out there on the internet.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/jim-barrett/how-to-buy-a-suppressor-using-an-nfa-trust/

BTW, did you talk to a guy named Derek Foley? That guy works in the back and has shit for brains, probably the biggest dumb fuck I ever met.

And lastly for anything NFA (Suppressors, SBR, AOWs, Machine guns, please go to Gun Envy or Delta Epislon if dale is still doing this kind of stuff.

Whats fail...curious? Went to Blackwing interested in suppressor and a 14" barrel for AR. Was told by one of the shop guys who let me know he was a police officer (not that makes any difference) and kindly let me know that in Franklin a trust is required which will cost me 600 because Franklin is not super NFA friendly (pay the trust to avoid the signature). 300 up front and upon completion the other 300. After that I would have to fill out the ATF paperwork and pay the 200 stamp. For a trust the trustees names are etched into the class 3 part...barrel...suppressor..whatever. Then I can purchase the parts after the wait for both is over. So just curious on what the issue with the post is?

If I am incorrect in any of this post then I will go tomorrow and apply. Feel free to provide me better info as it will be really appreciated. I have looked at ATF.gov and a few other sources all saying generally the same thing about trusts and stamp+a lot of time...

You went to blackwing, that is your first mistake. It's a good place to go shooting, they have a friendly staff but they do have quiet a few idiots working there. LOL.. wow, if they told you that I am lost for words.. please don't go back for anything NFA. They always call NFA items a class 3 part/firearm. There is no such thing as a class 3 item or firearm. Those are called NFA items. Class 3 is a class given to dealers that can own and transfer/deal in NFA items. Blackwing is a class 3 dealer.

There is 3 ways of getting an NFA item. Trust, LLC, or Individual. If you live in franklin county, you want to apply for the NFA item as an individual, you would need a Chief Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) to sign off. It can be the Sheriff of the county you reside in, or a the Chief of Police from the municipality you life in. I live in Franklin County, Sheriff Scott doesn't sign off on NFA items. But I do live in Gahanna and my police Chief will sign off on NFA items.

A second way is through a NFA trust. It isn't really called a NFA trust, but it's just a Trust with wording that deals with NFA items. Which is what blackwing wanted to you to do, you don't need to pay 600 dollars to set up the trust. You can have it set up my any lawyer, but you should use a lawyer that has done it before. Most of them will charge between 250-400 dollars to set it up. If you want to put a 14in barrel on a AR15, which means you want to make a SBR. You don't have to engrave the barrels with the names of the trustees... Really? LOL!!!!! What gets engraved is your lower receiver with the Trust Name. There is more to it and I don't really want to type up a book.

3rd way is a doing it through an LLC, which is the easiest way. You don't have to pay a lawyer and it cost and it is only 125 dollars to set up.

There are plenty of information out there on the internet.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/jim-barrett/how-to-buy-a-suppressor-using-an-nfa-trust/

BTW, did you talk to a guy named Derek Foley? That guy works in the back and has shit for brains, probably the biggest dumb fuck I ever met.

And lastly for anything NFA (Suppressors, SBR, AOWs, Machine guns, please go to Gun Envy or Delta Epislon if dale is still doing this kind of stuff.

No need to say anything. FastSTI got this. :fuckyeah:

It's always best to assume that whatever you hear at a gun store, especially from "former cops" or "former special forces" is always wrong, partly because they are liars and partly because they are idiots.

I plan on doing the SBR and suppressor thing eventually, but I don't plan on sticking around Ohio for too much longer. I'd rather wait until I figure out where I'm going to land, then get started on it. I don't know how difficult it is to move that shit, and don't really want to find out.

And back to my original post - I think that muzzle device is too fail and aids, I'll be looking for something cheaper that also points the blast out away since I'm running a short barrel. Probably gonna get this:

http://www.icearms.us/products.cfm?show=886

I've read it. But we're talking about the ATF here...

It's a gray area I personally would not venture into. You guys do what you want.

If it looks like a duck. Smells like a duck. And quacks like a duck. It's a fucking duck.

Wrong,

Make trust via software product (or buy a copy of mine). Buy lower, get it engraved at things remembered same day for 20 bucks, efile form 1. Wait a year. Super simple.

First time it gets shouldered, I think it no longer counts as a pistol, whether the ATF typed up a letter or not.

Not true. A product sold that is manufactured with and intended use (and cleared by the ATF) can be used in whatever manner is chosen. Call sig, ask sig. Call ATF, ask atf. They will tell you the same thing.

When I had mine I shouldered it every time at the range. As did everyone who wanted to try it. No issues. The ATF regulates the gun you shoot, not how you shoot it.

People shoulder AR pistols all the time... and the ATF knows this. how is this different from a legal standpoint?

I've read it. But we're talking about the ATF here...

It's a gray area I personally would not venture into. You guys do what you want.

If it looks like a duck. Smells like a duck. And quacks like a duck. It's a fucking duck.

IF they would make claims that hovered in that "gray area" then I would think you would have a great chance to get rich....

Edited by Diamonds

Yes that was his name...and yes this is what I was told not just once, but twice. Same guy both times. He showed me his suppressor that he had bought and was waiting for his stamp to come in so it was in a locker. All of the above is true story.

I really appreciate the info and appreciate everyone not being huge cocks while providing it.