Deer hunting proposed changes

Drewhop

I fill my antlerless tag every year. I think it the limit and tag process should be 1 antler tag and then fill the rest of the bag limit with antlerless.

Lol@ a .500 s&w rifle

Well, I think its a step in the right direction. I don't mind and support the straight wall cartridges. I don't know much about them, but I bet they dont shoot any better than the current 12/20 gauge sabots.

The only thing I'd like to see axed is the doe only early hunt. I hate it. I would just LOVE to see how many bucks get tagged in the following couple of days.

While almost all hunters, myself included, want a larger deer herd, I don't think bag limits or the early doe season have anything to do with it. I think the number of bow hunters today vs 10 years ago does. I'd cut 1 week off the beginning and 2 weeks off the end of bow season. I think that would do more than bag limits for increasing the population. However, Odnr is still trying to reduce the herd size overall, so I don't see that happening for several years.

Will there by a round limit that you are allowed to load in the magazine tube for the lever big bore rifle or do you have to get a plug? If there is not limit on the rounds you are allowed to load, does it mean that I can use an HK USC as well?

3rd. max; must be plugged.